How to get a copy of certificate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhamoggy

Reaction score
I need to get a copy of a certificate for d/b installation. My son in law rented our house, had the works done by someone and won’t give me the certificate as I want to sell the property.
Can I download it from building control or NIC and would it cost?

I need to get a copy of a certificate for d/b installation. My son in law rented our house, had the works done by someone and won’t give me the certificate as I want to sell the property.
Can I download it from building control or NIC and would it cost?
there's no obligation to upload a cert to any database, so I doubt they would have it. However, it is illegal to withold certs from a customer and as you are the property owner, you should have been supplied a copy, so I would be looking to contact said sparkies registration body with a formal complaint if you can find out who did the job and they are not willing to help.

Last edited:
there's no obligation to upload a cert to any database, so I doubt they would have it. However, it is illegal to withold certs from a customer and as you are the property owner, you should have been supplied a copy, so I would be looking to contact said sparkies registration body with a formal complaint if you can find out who did the job and they are not willing to help.
Don’t the. NICEIC have an online for completing certificates anymore?
I recall just going on to their portal and completing a certificate and had option to print for my records if needed but they were accessible at any time by logging in?

Wondering if I could call Evolec ltd for a copy which should include all the meter readings?

Wondering if I could call Evolec ltd for a copy which should include all the meter readings?

our regulations say the certificate should be given to the owner, and a copy to the person ordering the work (if different)

so yes approach the company who installed the fuseboard.

does this suggest your son in law is not giving you a copy ?

our regulations say the certificate should be given to the owner, and a copy to the person ordering the work (if different)

Exactly and relationship has completely broken down and he’s probably destroyed the certificate.
I got the above certificate from NIC for £25

Don’t the. NICEIC have an online for completing certificates anymore?
I recall just going on to their portal and completing a certificate and had option to print for my records if needed but they were accessible at any time by logging in?
not been a member for a few years, but they used to have a facility to complete certs o the portal, which is OK until you leave them as you dont have your own records.

...and there's no obligation for any contractor to use their portal either,,, I've not used it for a good few years, and the NICEIC have absolutely no knowledge of any of the jobs that I do except for when I notify them for Part P or my assessor goes to look at any of them during my annual assessment

If they are still a member of NICEIC, I'd give them a bell and ask for a copy, otherwise, as has been said , they haven't provided a copy to the property owner and could end up getting a (very little) bit of grief from NICEIC.

“Fuseboard”. I would hope not in 2022. Ever heard of a CU?

“Fuseboard”. I would hope not in 2022. Ever heard of a CU?

I still come across lots of fuse boards in continued use and will likely continue to do so for some time.

I also find it easier to ask customers about their “fuse board, fuse box, trip box, breaker board” because that’s what people understand. Why do you need to correct people about it?