How to mend SWA? ( Using self amalgamating tape )

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its not someone else buying everything. they just dont keep it in stock. and often, they dont have enough stock in main warehouse to get it at branch next day

i have been in a few times and they have not had stuff in, even when i ring up to have stuff delivered thay are out of stock. one good thing is the opening hours
They have always bent over backwards with the few little problems I've had. They replaced a cheap drill FOC out of warranty.

They have always bent over backwards with the few little problems I've had. They replaced a cheap drill FOC out of warranty.
there alright and i do use them, just the one thing is the stock and its always the one thing you need:_|

Just to add many thanks to Badger for posting me some tape.

Top bloke and owed a Guinness if he is ever around this way!

:)

go to RSWWW.COM and look up this part number 170 5403 this heat shrink tape will repair your cable as good as new

Tried some of that silicone self fusing tape from Screwfix today. Seemed rather flimsy and didn't stick to itself as 'instantly' as self amalgamating tape. I can't recommend it for anything that needs a robust wrap.