how would you?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyDong

Reaction score
hey up :)

Lets have one me those saturday night topics ;)

If you had a length of conduit that has been used for the cpc and you need to terminate it into a new plastic consumer unit - but you can't thread the end of the conduit to take a box or collar. How would you attach this to the earth of the cu?

D.

First i would drill a 5mm hole in the side and the use an 8mm long 5mm bolt to lug an earth lead , if this was not poss due to number of cables in tube i would either use a jubille clip or bonding clamp depending on space , i have also used push fit adapters which will take a 20mm brass bush , so you could use one of these with a banjo.

Zeespark gets the cream bun I think. Those conduit adaptors are not stocked by neweys anymore.

Excuse my ignorance, but didnt the OP say plastic consumer Unit? if that is the case then just run a new piece of G/Y cpc cable in the conduit??Andy
The conduit will still need to be earthed, regardless of feeding a new CPC my friend.

Don

One of you guessed right with how I did it. :x

I put a clamp on it. Couldn't risk drilling it - incase of damaging the cables inside.

Same place, same time for next weeks thread :D

D.

Excuse my ignorance, but didnt the OP say plastic consumer Unit? if that is the case then just run a new piece of G/Y cpc cable in the conduit??Andy
But the conduit would still require to be earthed would it not?

I would earth clamp it and run either a 4mm or 6mm to the earth bar within the DB?

But the conduit would still require to be earthed would it not?I would earth clamp it and run either a 4mm or 6mm to the earth bar within the DB?
Just use a banjo on the end terminating in the plastic CU.