Hows are the trades finding things going back etc

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a general question how are the trades finding it going back again at the moment phones starting to ring again or are you still quiet in general 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got about a months work lined up once people tell me that they want to do it and other work in the pipeline however ......

I've never known my phone and email inbox to be so quiet ..............

its going to be a long summer

Still very quiet here. I should get my SEISS money next week which will fill the gap.  All I am doing at the moment is essential work, which is mostly breakdowns in rented property and then mostly very small jobs so not earning a lot at all.

If the SEISS scheme does not get extended (like the furlough scheme has been) then I think it is going to be a very lean year.

But here in Scotland we have not "gone back" yet.

Me

nowt on.....tidying garage and stuff and actually enjoying the break

phone has rung 4 times since mid march

on the plus side.....Hospital 10 days ago for 6 monthly cancer check ( postponed from April ) and I got another clear 😃

Work is quite low down on the priority list

stay alert

the country is short of LERTS

My input doesn't really count on this as my position is  semi  retired , electrician's  knees  and a few other problems  .   The last recession wiped out  90%  of regular customers ,  illness took my regular builder too soon  so I no longer  actively  seek work .   Usually do a couple  of small jobs per week .   

Next week slightly different , changing some  fuseboards in a pub  ,  one 16 way  fairly straightforward  , 2nd one for the kitchens  will be awkward  .  In the middle of a nearby town  but on the plus side , we've been given  a parking bay right next to the rear entrance.   

Well I’ve gone back only finding digs to stay in is a whole new battle and that’s with a letter classifying us as key workers :C  might be easier just to not bother at this time. 

been back at work for 3 weeks, only becuase I got some decent work in empty property. I have noticed week on week, the number of trade vans is increasing along with general traffic, fact is people need to earn.

been back at work for 3 weeks, only becuase I got some decent work in empty property. I have noticed week on week, the number of trade vans is increasing along with general traffic, fact is people need to earn.
hit, nail and head springs to mind ...

whilst the SEISS is welcome , to successful people it’s way short of what we need to earn ,