Hugely Disappointed.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Gentlemen - I didn't feel confident in the week - but I thought I had done well in the exam Today.

But I was wrong - I Failed it. :_|

I have a re-sit booked for next week.

I was one question away from a pass. I flagged one and didn't go back to it before I ended the exam. I wasn't 100% on the answer at the time, but who knows it could have made all the difference to get a pass?

Good news is that I had All of my H&S correct.

Any way - I need to do a lot of studying. :|

Laters all.

do you know what the pass rate is, did any others fail that day, and is it quite hard what are the questions like.

Any way - I need to do a lot of studying. :|

Laters all.
And experience...

As some of you know I've had a 28 year gap from the trade:O

In first 2 years of self employment, I've had to learn a lot (more than I expected) fast (and still am)..

Anyway Wiz, exams are never easy.

:|

do you know what the pass rate is, did any others fail that day, and is it quite hard what are the questions like.
Pass rate is 60%, Two of us Failed, The questions are worded terribly - I mean this is the third exam. The first two were worded badly, this one was the worst. Some beasts of questions, but I can't - for the life of me, remember them. the usual ones such as:

Where to dispose of Florries? In a dedicated container/skip.

Tns 0.8Ohms

RCD - for protcetive deive for earth leakage.

Electrician works off of a - circuit diagram.

There was a question on disconnection time on a ring main. All the usual answers of 0.2, 0.4, 5, 10 - it didn't state if it was supplying fixed equipment or equipment used outdoors. So I took it as fixed equipment and entered 5 Secs.

There was a correction factor one - I knew that i had wrong - mind went blank - Argg. correction factor was 0.6 and we had kW, kVA and kVAr I said 'C' I worked the answer out, later as 'A'. I wrote that one down and drew the table and contents (It's in the shed) I will get it and put it on here Tomorrow.

As mentioned in the OP - I flagged one and ended the exam without answering it, not that i could remember the formula.

10 H&S which I did well on..

if I remember more, I will add them here.

The worse thing about it is - This afternoon, I did an online exam at home (simulator thing) and got 29 out of 30.

Ho Hum.

The questions are worded terribly - I mean this is the third exam. The first two were worded badly, this one was the worst. Some beasts of questions
Tough one m8! :(

I presume from your posts this is an on-line exam, was it open book? regs + OSG ??

From my experience, open book exams do tend to have a lot of questions that seem to be worded double negative or obscurely where you have to read & re-read them..

so that even if you know where it is in the regs..

the bod's at C&G want to know that you understand what you have read..

so they try and twist it..

I know on my 17th ed recently I had about 3q's I had put my quick answer down but kept them flagged..

when I re-read them later. I changed my answers because of the wording of the question.

Anyway.. thats all water under the bridge..

write that one off as a bad day!

Tomorrow is another new day!

Remember... as long as you don't give up...

Nobody fails... some just take a little longer than others to reach the completion! :) :) :)

Sorry Sheepman:I`ll repeat for the hard of hearing amongst the wizards in the welsh variety:

What.........is........a........florrie"?

Serious question. NOT, I repeat NOT a wind-up.
Dear me MR KME!!! florrie???? :eek:

yo ad tooomuuchh beeeeeeer m8?? :eek: :O:O

even I could suss that one out!!! :)

Dont worry MR W...

thems ov us wot is educatid understod U! :) ]:)

Hello Spec, I thought you had deserted us like Km and Theory?
Not yet!

still catchin up on todays posts...

been in & out during the evening..

doing TAXI service for my youngest daughter to & from Guides!

but this week they were away from the usual location..

so had to do round trip about 30-35mins drive away

where they were doing some water activities at a place with small boats!!

take her... come back home... cup of tea.. go back fetch her.. come back home!!!

watch who's fired from the Apprentice then crack open Beer...

check forum & e-mails etc...

Tis a busy life!!! :_| :_| :_|