HW heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you connect a 6kW 100L water heater to a dedicated circuit via a 32A ceeform plug and socket???
Dunno m8 off the top of me head?? ?:|

Spose YOU CAN! but whether you should or if its good workmanship???

50/50?

Phone a friend?

Ask the studio audience maybe????

great mind grinds to an embarrassing halt! :( :( :p :p:_| :_| ; \

No reason why not but as it's a fixed appliance I'd use a 32A isolator. :)

What my client wants is for me to disconnect his HW heater and install a 32A ceeform socket after the isolator. He then wants me to connect a 32A ceeform plug to his 6kW 100L HW heater and another one to a 6kW Pizza oven so that he can plug in whichever he wants to use!

I thought that HW heaters over 15L needed to be permanently connected to a dedicated supply (or I could have been dreaming? :| )

Another option could be to use a C/O switch with both connected, or my prefferred option would be to run out a new circuit..

What my client wants is for me to disconnect his HW heater and install a 32A ceeform socket after the isolator. He then wants me to connect a 32A ceeform plug to his 6kW 100L HW heater and another one to a 6kW Pizza oven so that he can plug in whichever he wants to use!I thought that HW heaters over 15L needed to be permanently connected to a dedicated supply (or I could have been dreaming? :| )

Another option could be to use a C/O switch with both connected, or my prefferred option would be to run out a new circuit..
Is this what you was dreaming about m8?.....

Water heaters having immersed & uninsulated heating elements.554.3.3

The heater or boiler shall be permanently connected to the electricity supply through a double pole linked switch which is either separate from and within easy reach of the heater or boiler or is incorporated therein, and the wiring from the heater or boiler shall be connected directly to that switch without the use of a plug and socket outlet ; in addition where the heater is installed within a room containing a fixed bath, the switch shall comply with section 701.

short answer,

NO

your second option has more give,

but to have the option of plugging in and out, then its a straightforward NO,

no longer a fixed appliance, and not under the supervision of a skilled person(I assume)

HTH,

Albert.

Open coffin aswell!!Wife's aunt, but still not nice.

Also got told by someone that their cousin had just died from cancer (27 years old) only fell ill 2 weeks prior!!
:eek: OMG so young.

My dad died at 36 and thought that was young.

:eek: OMG so young.My dad died at 36 and thought that was young.
Blimey! :| That IS young! :( :( :( :(

Make's me feel real fortunate..

We still got all parents on both side of family.. so our kids still have great times with all four grandparents! :)

Count your blessings as they say.

As my kids keep reminding me I only have another 4 years to go till I'm '50'! :eek:

and over the past few years have really counted each extra day as a gift..

A very close friend.. one of my best mates.. a year older than me.

Died in 2003, age 42! :( :| (left a wife & two teenage daughters! :( )

I had walked with him & other mates, two days before he died to the top of Snowdon & back along the 'Watkin Path'.

That was the last day I saw him alive! :| :( :( :(

As I say.. Every day is a gift.. invest & enjoy them don't waste them!