I Dont Beleive It

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAUL M

Reaction score
I got a call from one of my regular builders today to go and look at moving some sockets around as woman having a new kitchen;)

So off i toddles for a squint on the way back from me other job,old rewirable wylex cu,all cables in property (it appears) old black rubber,no bonding of any disscription:O

No cpc at any light (switches) yet all metal chrome and brass switches, :eek:

So i told him i cant touch it as i wouldnt be able to cert it and quoted the 17th at him;) he say`s well the other spark i had a few months back never mentioned any of this when he wired for conservatory.

Anyway they have decided to have a full rewire and bring it all up to date(without any pressure from me i hasten to add).

But what was the other spark thinking,he has just gone in added what he needed too and done one,he gave them a cert which makes interesting reading and he is a member of NAPIT:O

I just dont get some poeple are they stupid or just bone idol?:(Guiness Drink

blimey paul,

one word springs to mind and that would be "cowboys!", its clearly never gonna go away as dangerous dave will always have a go but it does make you wonder!

id name and shame em to there compotent persons scheme, shouldnt be allowed to get away with it.

I am seriously thinking of going down that route mate;)

On the cert where you have to tick for bonds to gas and water he has just left it blank:^O oh and did i mention all the cables are alliminium.Guiness Drink

reporting them to their regulatory body might not be a bad idea it wont stop or train the incompetent fools it could wisen them up to possible prosecution .