i hate insulation testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.

Reaction score
on old installtions in occupied houses,theres always a bloody neon somewhere hidden that buggers up the readings.

on a extension lead behind a bloody great big wardrobe with a pile of kitchen stuff infront of it in a room you could barely enter. and .......... relax:^O

It is surprising how many installations, don't go to the expense of neon based switched spurs.

(But a basic continuity test, in these instances can be a bonus, in verifying any real issues (where a neon may be suspect))

The Godfather

It's them little plug in air freshners that catch me out now & again Blushing normaly hidden away on a single socket somewhere.

Its the rodents in the loft that are chewing the cable.....

immersion cable giving poor IR reading on L-E (under 8inch of insulation)

ended up replacing cable and they are still eating the bait !!!!

Another thing that can throw you is if an aerial amplifier has been wired into the upstairs lighting circuit in the loft.

AlrightGuiness Drink

But steady - thy're KME's and he's not even here yet
OOH! Someone noticedApplaud Smiley

i wont tell him if you dont ; \
Sorry Dan - Never trust a vet - you`ve been grassedX(

"looks around and whistles"
Aye. Sweet & innocent, eh?

The Don is amused.The Godfather
Well, good! I`m glad. As for me, I`m thirsty as heck. Just went to the smiley fridge; and there`s NO flamin` Guinness !

Miffed now. Hard day, cold, wet, thirsty and you`ve had the last of my bevvies. Grrrrrrr:x

Oh, aye. Regarding your o/p. If it was an easy job, the numpties would do it..........

sorry about Guiness Drink kme ill er..... reemberse you sometime:^O