i pushed and shoved... but couldn't get it in.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
I was wiring up a shower today... and it had 10mm cable to it.

It took me bloody ages to get the pull chord isolator on due to the cables not bending very easily... was just wondering if there are any tips, cheats or technique to help next time? :_|

Many thanks

I think the Crabtree has larger terminals as its rated at 50 amp and all

other brands tend to be 45a

its a larger switch and better quality build, and yes 50 Amp rated.

hardest bit is screwing to a joist and getting cables either side of the joist to fix.

i hate 10 mm also lol.

i always tell them to get an 8,5 Kw :)

its a larger switch and better quality build, and yes 50 Amp rated. hardest bit is screwing to a joist and getting cables either side of the joist to fix.

i hate 10 mm also lol.

i always tell them to get an 8,5 Kw :)
AND its easier for testing...

cuz the neon is disconnected when take lid off!!! ;) :)Applaud Smiley

i always tell them to get an 8,5 Kw i always tell them to get a mixer and a pump, mmmmm nice 1.5mm flex for a shower sounds just right :)
or tell em to have a wash in the sink like me mom & dad used too do!!!! ;) ]:)Blushing

:^O :^O:^O:^O

I'm glad its not just me who struggles with 10 mm.. I agree, the Crabtree 50 a pull switch is good. When you fix it to a joist the slots for feed in and feed out are each side of the joist, make sure both cables have the L & N opposite each other.

If its a roof space above ,the only way I found to connect the other type switch is push the spare into the loft, you can't bend the buggers. ]:) :eek:

I do the same as JL Heating if I can , tell them to buy a 8.5 KW , if I am supplying its always an 8.5 KW.

I don't think anyone needs a 10KW shower.

yes its easy to get them mixed up in the slots. they are marked for ease,

remember to leave the top of for testing due to the led in the cap.

the last 1 i did i got them mixed up. :) very embarrassing but comes up on the test so no problem. :)

10mm would be a dream for a job I'm doing..

10.8kW Mira Sport Electric Shower no less:_|

25m run 16mm T+E required...

Gutted as they already have the shower. :(

Macca

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

10mm would be a dream for a job I'm doing..10.8kW Mira Sport Electric Shower no less:_|

25m run 16mm T+E required...

Gutted as they already have the shower. :(

Macca

Can I ask why you opted for 16mm T&E?

Don

Don

Many apologies for the late replyBlushing.Time of year etc etc

The reason for the 16mm is wattage of shower. Length of run and the guys house is full of Insulation, even between the ground floor and the first. Most places will be clipped to stud - touching plasterboard, but for much of the run betwen the floors the cable will be surrounded by the Damn stuff.

Anyway hopefully you will receive this reply before the boys have been sent my way Pray......Merry christmas.

Macca