I WIN!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
In August I got a new phone, a Samsung J3 2017, on the recommendation of the girl in the o2 store, it's been a pita since day one, yesterday it packed up completely, I went back to the shop and they wanted to send it away, it would take around 4 working days they said, and they wouldn't give me a loan phone while it was in. I explained that I have medical problems and really need my mobile, their response was that I should have taken out a business contract, as this would guarantee me an exchange unit! 

A business contract is a good bit dearer so no way, well I took the phone to the repairer they are not far from me and they got it back up and running, blaming the problems  on a couple of my apps believe it or not. So I did a bit off digging and found quite a few people had issues with these phones, put it this way, in Argos, the older J3, is actually dearer than the new version, so that says a lot. I rang O2, they weren't bothered, neither were Samsung, so I started something on Twitter. lo and behold all of a sudden O2 want to talk to me and this morning someone from their PR team rang me, anyway cutting a long story short, tomorrow they are delivering me a more expensive phone for the same price as the old one, result. Plus they're giving me some money for my inconvenience.

So, for anyone having trouble with a firm and they don't want to know, before you start going to solicitors or citizens advice, try telling your story on a few internet sites, it's amazing how fast a company will react to the threat of bad publicity.

youve gotta love social media when used in the correct format, this exactly shows the power that it has, however if it has this sort of power to make a corporate company move then what the hell is it doing to our kids who get negative comments?

Way to go  Phil  !!!    Some of these tossers AND the tossers who work for 'em  need a good kick up the arse sometimes  .      Thing is , they deal with these phones every day,  they know very well which are the problem ones 'cos they've got them being returned all the time  but they'll still sell you one ...knowing theres a good chance you'll be back with it .   

Quick update, my NEW phone arrived today, a factory recon! it wasn't even in a proper box, no charger no instructions, nothing! Well here's a surprise, when I rang them to complain they were adding insult to injury they acted surprised, like they didn't know what they'd sent out.

They asked what I'd like to do next, but politely declined my first suggestion, ( I wanted to meet up with whoever sent it out and insert it widthways into their rectal cavity, sans, lubricant. lol), they did however accept my second one, they are collecting the phone and terminating my contract at no cost to me, result.

I get the feeling that these big firms are happy to have you as a customer so long as you put up with whatever trash they throw at you, complain and they want you gone.

so it's from O2 to nO2, and very gald I am.

Don’t forget to update your social media account with their exceptional customer service. 

Perhaps we could start a league table of Satisifaction via customer services?? 

Any suggestions. 

Don’t forget to update your social media account with their exceptional customer service. 

Any suggestions. 
We should do something on here, look after each other so to speak, plus if you tell me about a poor company, I can pass it on to others who I know and everyone else can do the same, word will soon get around.

Quick update, my NEW phone arrived today, a factory recon! it wasn't even in a proper box, no charger no instructions, nothing! Well here's a surprise, when I rang them to complain they were adding insult to injury they acted surprised, like they didn't know what they'd sent out.

They asked what I'd like to do next, but politely declined my first suggestion, ( I wanted to meet up with whoever sent it out and insert it widthways into their rectal cavity, sans, lubricant. lol), they did however accept my second one, they are collecting the phone and terminating my contract at no cost to me, result.

I get the feeling that these big firms are happy to have you as a customer so long as you put up with whatever trash they throw at you, complain and they want you gone.

so it's from O2 to nO2, and very gald I am.
A short lesson in how to NOT run a business .    

I've been with EE   from when it was not just TMobile  but Orange  ( I think )  and  One 2 One  to start with .   EE dumped my Loyalty rebate of £5 month when they took over but I'm still with them  on a contract that is rarely over £16   month   so  roughly  0.57p   day  and  £192  year .     So 10million times cheaper than my BT landline . 

A short lesson in how to NOT run a business .    

I've been with EE   from when it was not just TMobile  but Orange  ( I think )  and  One 2 One  to start with .   EE dumped my Loyalty rebate of £5 month when they took over but I'm still with them  on a contract that is rarely over £16   month   so  roughly  0.57p   day  and  £192  year .     So 10million times cheaper than my BT landline . 
That's what you want, something that does the job without ripping you off, I got my first mobile when they very first came out over here, housebrick with a massive rubber aerial! I was with Vodafone from the outset and was for about 20 years, I dumped them when, after offering me a fancy phone on an upgrade, I declined it and asked for a simple nokia, as it would fit a car kit I had in my new car. They said they no longer did these phones, however the company I worked for had just received about 2000 of these, from Vodafone, also our local police force had just got a few thousand of them.

Instead, they offered me a different handset, and a new in car kit, very decent I thought, it arrived several days later, the cheapest Nokia possible (they were under a tenner in Asda) and the in car kit was one of those crappy things that you could buy from the local garage, it plugged into the lighter socket and had a thing that attached to the phone with an elastic band. 

Any suggestions. 
Me me me me me me 

B &Q..........💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩🔗( that's the closest I can get to an infinity symbol on iPad )

We have J3's supplied through work, they are lettuced. Mine the charging port came loose and they claimed I had abused the phone and refused to repair unless I paid for it.

Three days of work not being able to contact me prompted them to buy me a new phone, another J3...