Ideal TV cabling??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a job to run cables for a flat screen TV on a wall, the other AV componens will be located at floor level and to the side. All cables are to be hidden... :_| :_|

TV is HD and they will probably have Sky installed (poss HD, but not sure) ; I don't know what else they are going to have, but I want to make sure that I cover all the bases without going OTT.

What cables do I need?? and what's the best way to route/terminate??

Thought that might be the answer, not having HD myself I thought that there might be a standard that will do most circumstances...

eg

2 x HDMI

2 x SCART

1 x TV

it might be better to run a decent sized duct into a large backbox and a few draw strings!!

The best way to install AV cables is large conduit or trunking. As AV gear is continually updated and the cable that was top-spec 3 years ago is now old hat then the above installation methods allow replacement. It's more expensive to start with but it pays off in the long run.

As for cables, all pre-made cables are a rip-off. It's a lot cheaper to be handy with a soldering iron and buy the components. Unfortunately you can't do this with digital cables.

Let the client choose what they want for cabling, if they want to spend

I have fitted a rainwater downpipe in the past
but mr Slips.......

you were supposed to disconnected from the roof guttering first!!! :eek:

divert all that rain from the water-butt into the back of the TV & entertainments system!!!! :_| :_| :_| :^O :^O:^O:^O

Latest posts