I'll never understand women!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Having been married TWICE (and yes I do have paperwork from a doctor saying I have mental health problems) I'm still struggling to get my head around women! Recently I gave the wife £200 and told her to buy herself something nice, she didn't. When I asked why she told me she was saving the money in case I needed it later, she simply won't spend money on herself, yet I could spend it on anything I wanted and she wouldn't bat an eyelid.

We went out the other night, and on the way home I called in at the local Asda, as I wanted some bits and pieces, she spotted some clothes she liked, but said she'd left her money at home, I ended up spending about £60 on stuff for her, and on Saturday I bought her some new boots (£20). Her money is still on the shelf at home, just in case I need it, which I won't, I took her out once, gave her a few hundred quid and made her buy some new clothes, I thought she was going to have a panic attack, lol. 

I can't work it out, I give her money to spend on herself, not housekeeping, it's to buy something she wants, clothes, shoes, coat, etc, yet she's frightened to spend it, whereas if I take her out and buy her stuff with money out of my wallet, she moans about how much I'm spending!

You can't win can you?

We have a joint bank account, this way she spends 'our' money and I have somewhere to deposit my hard earned!! 

When I've been good then I can spend some too :C  

Canoeboy said:
Its a never ending question, infinite time will never get to the bottom of understanding any woman, get yourself a dog its a lot easier......
I've got one, and it isn't (easier), ask Tony, he bought her a bacon barmcake, and she still wanted to eat him, the dog not the wife.