Imersion heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debstar

Reaction score
Is it possible to regulate the temperture on a pre 1976 Imersion heater? The water is near boiling!

Is it possible to regulate the temperture on a pre 1976 Imersion heater? The water is near boiling!
Yes, there should be a temp adjust control, this will be under the dome cover where the power flex enters..

Switch off the power and remove the dome cover, adjust accordingly.

:D

Set it at 55-60 degrees C. Too hot for legionnaires to develop but not so hot that hard water starts to scale up.

Thank you all for your assistance. I've had a look and there is a screw in the centre of the plate but unfortunately there isn't any markings on it to show which way to adjust.

Is it possible to buy a new top containing the elements and a thermostat and would it be compatable with with the pre 1976 drum? ?:|

Thank you all for your assistance. I've had a look and there is a screw in the centre of the plate but unfortunately there isn't any markings on it to show which way to adjust.Is it possible to buy a new top containing the elements and a thermostat and would it be compatable with with the pre 1976 drum? ?:|
anticlockwise to reduce temperature..

Thank you all again for your help. I have turned the screw anti-clockwise and the water temperature is now cooler-what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all again for your help. I have turned the screw anti-clockwise and the water temperature is now cooler-what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A result, get the Champers out...