increasing IR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilers

Reaction score
Had a job today that was a bit different, a tripped out RCD due to the bad weather and a leaky joint in the garden and whilst carrying out a few tests on the circuit I found the IR to be around 2.7 then gradually getting higher 2.8, 2.9,3.5 and 5 etc, I'm pretty sure that I know what was going on but I'm interested in what some of you guys think this was happening and if you have seen it before?

Thanks M

Sounds to me like you were sticking 500v through the circuit with your IR test and drying out the circuit!

Yes Evans I have isolated the issue but I need to wait for the go ahead to run a new supply- the fluctuating IR is a new one on me and as ever theres a wealth of experienced sparks like yourself on here that have seen these things before

All be it some time ago . I have come across this a few times with Pyro ( micc )

IR testing at 500v then 1000v actually dried it out and gave me perfect reading's

Without using a piece of string, :innocent

Sorry to hijack your thread I need some help.

I have been a member here from 2008 I think .

I have not been active here or at work due to surgery on my wrist.

When I came back I could not log in .

So I reregestered as jockspark ( above )

silly question how do I report this to admin..

If someone could PM me rather than use this thread

Thanks sorry for intruding