industrial PIR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticalelectrickery

Reaction score
been ask by the company i work for to do a PIR on the place, lots of machines, computers etc which i pat test anyway but not sure what needs doing for the rest of the place i.e 3 phase sockets/lighting and lots of other things/circuits

i have looked at a domestic PIR certificate but i could realy do with seeing a industrial PIR cert anyone got a copy i could look at please or point me to one thanks

been ask by the company i work for to do a PIR on the place, lots of machines, computers etc which i pat test anyway but not sure what needs doing for the rest of the place i.e 3 phase sockets/lighting and lots of other things/circuitsi have looked at a domestic PIR certificate but i could realy do with seeing a industrial PIR cert anyone got a copy i could look at please or point me to one thanks[/QUOT

I think theres a copy of one in the back of the regs book or download one from internet

would i use that one for industrial(cant check at the mo me big red one is at work!)
yeh u can use it just use 3 lines as L1,L3 &L3, i think ?

been ask by the company i work for to do a PIR on the place, lots of machines, computers etc which i pat test anyway but not sure what needs doing for the rest of the place i.e 3 phase sockets/lighting and lots of other things/circuitsi have looked at a domestic PIR certificate but i could realy do with seeing a industrial PIR cert anyone got a copy i could look at please or point me to one thanks
Ok - for my sins, I`ve just had to wade through a 112 page PIR on a hotel, which I contracted the remedial works for.

PIR is the same for all, except:

You need an extra schedule / tests page for EACH DB; and, more than likely, some continuation pages for obs & rec`s.

As heath correctly says, use 3 lines for the three phase stuff, meaning that you only get 4 3ph ways on a 12 way schedule - with me?

Each Schedule page MUST refer to the originating supply characteristics, except for the main intake, which is, by definition, the origin.

HTH

KME