Information on the 17th Editon Regs Courses - 2382-10 & 2382-20

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doctor.

For the benefit of myself, fellow students and those that are doing the 17th Edition updates etc.

Would you be kind enough as to tell us more about the above mentioned courses please?

Ie. The 2330 has three grades: Pass, Credit and Distinction.

you have 45 minutes to answer 30 multiple choice questions Online. (multi choice of 4 possible answers).

Is the 2382 a complete online multi-choice exam?

I think I read somewhere there are 60 questions within 3 hours?

Is it a straight Pass or Fail too please?

Any any other info that you can add please?

Your help is appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Welshy.

hi

i have been delivering both of these 2382 courses. god they are hard work8)

mainly in the sense that you get your patter perfected and then they change it all.....

2382 full fat course; 3 days; 2 hour exam; 60 questions

2382 low fat course; 1 day; 1 hour exam; 30 questions

now for the 2330, the best place to look is... www.smartscreen.co.uk

you have to log in and it is all on there. i dont know much about the grades as i am not involved with the exams, merely teaching the troops...

by the way, its not all rosy-i am back on the tools tomorrow:O

hi

not sure which is the 10 or 208)

now as to the smartscreen thingy, i didnt realise you have to have a college log in. i will ask at work if i can give it on the forum- i cannot see the logic in restricting information....

The info isnt restricted as such doc,but a cash donation unrestricts the non flow of info i have found , and colleges are like any other money making firms ,gimme da money i give u what u need ;) 2 questions a fiver lol

think ill become an info dealer :D

ive just sent a query to C&G about the requirements of the 2382-20 exam.

just to clarify for myself if a 2391 is sufficient or not.

I remember when sitting my 2391 the instructor simply quoted reg 16 to me, made sense to me then, just as it always has and still does.

thats the defining point tho isnt it, what is a 16th qualification?

C&G website itself even states there is no formal entry requirement.....

baffles the mind sometimes all this differing information.

oh, sorry, was reading 2381-10 page, maybe there is a limiting requirement.

oh well, shall find out in reply e.mail, B)

question to C&G

...I currently hold a C&G 2391, is this sufficient for me to undertake a 2382-20 exam?...

reply from C&G

Dear Mr Steptoe

Thank you for your enquiry.

In short, yes as long as it was 16th edition post 2001.

Al the very best

Yours sincerely

Jonathan Goldsmith

Customer Relations

Tel: +44 (0)20 7294 2800

Fax: +44 (0)20 7294 2405

Web: www.cityandguilds.com

yep, I think i just skinned it, done my 2391 in late 2001 just after i came back from kiwiland cos i didnt have any current UK exams at that time, glad i done now. :)

I think the person responding to your e mail may be mis-informed as i spoke to them regardint this and they said a 2391 was no good as it is inspection and testing and not a qualification on the regs as such. They said the 2382-20 was for holders of the 2381 cert only. The 2382-10 is for everyone else.

uess you will find out when you try to do it. ?:|

I think the person responding to your e mail may be mis-informed as i spoke to them regardint this and they said a 2391 was no good as it is inspection and testing and not a qualification on the regs as such. They said the 2382-20 was for holders of the 2381 cert only. The 2382-10 is for everyone else. uess you will find out when you try to do it. ?:|
Ive actually got it in proper hard paper letter now, any 16th edition exam, or exam to the 16th edition level, is sufficient to undertake the 2382-2.

the confusion seems to be in trying to stop people with no current electrical qualification(ie, plumbers etc with only a part P) taking the shortened course.

2391 is a qualification on insp&test to ensure the installation meets the current regs, or deviates in what way, so it is a qualification on the regs.

2381 is only an exam on being able to read! so I really dont see how they can seriously tell you that holding a closed book qualification isnt enough to let you sit an open book reading test.

:x

its a total mess TBH, when I done the 2391 I didnt have any current 16th qualification and everybody was baffled as to how i was allowed on the course.!

its similar now that I want to do a "step backwards" exam(as such), that no one really knows what to say.

only thing now is the european harmonisation so they gotta accept my european exams this time too if it goes to the push.

just a totally f ucked up system I guess.