install 10mm earth bind to water and gas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do.

When we install & test we sign to say the work we have done complies with BS 7671 .............. its as simple as that. Next time I have a CPS review face to face (not had one for 3 years AFAIR) I'll ask my assessor.

Surely nobody is surprised that people don't understand the complexity of BS 7671 never mind expecting people to have copies of, and understand regulations they aren't assessed on?

again, model forms are irrelevant to this. yes, you are right in that they are for saying your work complies with 7671. i never said otherwise

the whole thing you seem to be ignorant of is there is more standards than just 7671 that need to be taken into account.

you follow requirements of 5288 for emergency lighting in addition to 7671 if you fit emergency lighting

you follow requirements 5839 for fire alarms in addition to 7671 if you fit fire / smoke alarms

so why are you saying a standard that deals with earthing, in addition to 7671 is irrelevant?

either provide some facts stating otherwise or just shut up with the constant replies of 'its not 7671 so i dont care'

God knows what we do when something doesn't meet BS7671, but does meet its own BS, and 7671 specifically references the standard and calls for installations to be in accordance with them.

Example I'm thinking of is a RLVS 110v centre taped to earth set up where 5second disconnection time is not quite met, but its not much longer than that, and where the cables have been assessed to withstand the fault currents for extra disconnection time. BS7671 says 5second disconnection time, but also refers to BS7375, which doesn't specify a specific time as the touch voltage during a fault is deemed low enough that its not important, as long as the fault is cleared before the cable is damaged...

depends on the standard type - if there's a conflict then some standards take precedance over another . i.e if 60204 says one thing, but 12453 says another then you follow requirements of 12453

the whole thing you seem to be ignorant of is there is more standards than just 7671 that need to be taken into account.

on my recent random asking of 2 local sparks, neither had a clue what bs7430 is or covers , or had copies, so I think I rest  my case

Ignorance is not a defence only if you know/knew about the regs prior to the event. 
you can’t possibly be expected to know all relevant information without some sort of prompt, otherwise we’d all be geniuses. 

otherwise we’d all be geniuses.

Deke is a genius..

Forum high command of tech and everything else including guitar and dog walking!

And if he can be..

There MUST be hope for the rest of us?????

Guinness

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.