Intercom wires pulled out where do they go?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimble

Reaction score
I am posting on behalf of a family member. They left the dog at home and he got restless and managed to pull the intercom off the wall. There are 5 wires which run from the bell to the intercom which have come out. They are coloured as follows:

blue and white

orange

red and white

brown and white

green and white

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...X4mCk7BQ%3D%3D (picture of inside of intercom.

i assume they go in the sockets which are numbered (seen in diagram)

(8 3 9 11 7 12 5 4 10) and 8 9 11 and 7 have wires in them so there are 5 left for wires to go in but where these 5 go i do not know.

also if u see the image i have uploaded there is a green and white coloured wire and a green wire which are also loose? do they go in the black plastic covering? as i see to black wires run into one end of it and there is another hole which looks like wires go in that.

the rest i can do myself. any help on this is greatly appreciated as they need this working again.

this is pretty urgent so any help will be appreciated greatly

would you be able to help?

thanx for letting me know the link is workin :D

Unlike telephone sockets, There is no set colour code code for door entry systems. Is there another phone you could copy the colours from ? otherwise i think you will need a electrician that can do this sort of work ( i know quite a few that dont want to know about door entry stuff)

no other phone to copy from unfortunately. :( i have looked for maybe diagrams on the internet or info and found nothing. i can put the wires back if i knew where they went. apart from the green and white wire and the white wire which i think go inside the black casing. and cannot afford to get an electrician to check and dont know any :(

not a fafisa set, i have just been looking at it and realised the green wire and green and white wire from the side in the diagram is from the wire tacked on the wall which goes in so i know where them two wires go just need to know where the other 3 wires go and hopefully that will sort it

Ive got a intercom phone set in the van if you want I'll post up the colour code for that,

but as has been said,

dont mean it will match what your original sparky used .....

steptoe that would be great, worth a try! i cannot get access to the other end and the make is a terraneo hope this might help.

i hope what i have provided is sufficient and thank you so much for the replies so far i really did not expect the replies so quick!

thanx again.

well it has 2 buttons u can press to open the door downstairsi believe. thats all i i know dont know anything else. just searching terraneo so maybe get some information about the 3 colouredwires what numbers they go in.

and that would be great steptoe cheers!

thanx again to everyone

I could give you another 25 colour combinations, one of them may work !
living up to your name as usual,

keep flashing the wires in till theres a bang.!!! :^O :^O:^O:^O

небрежный и небрежный

as you might say from your eastern european friends, :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O