Interconnected smoke detector pairing (make: ANKA)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom333

Reaction score
See message 27 for an answer....

Hi guys, I am in Scotland and under new Scottish Fire alarm legislation (and I assume the rest of UK will follow soon), we now have to have interconnected fire alarms from February next year. I bought 3 smoke detectors (AJ-761) and 1 heat detector (AJ-718) from Ebay, the make is ANKA made in China, with Ten year battery in each. I have tried to pair them so they all alarm together, but no luck with the instructions. It may as well be written in Chinese. I managed to get two devices to ring together but that was a fluke. When I tried again, I lost even that pairing.

Does anyone know this make? and can tell me easily how to pair the four together thanks (see photo). If not, is there a place that can do this for me, like taking them to a local fire station, or would they be scratching their head as well.

Attachments

• smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
As above, I have never heard of them and considering these are in place to warn you of a fire situation I would not be relying on their reliability to do so. As already stated Aico are a leading brand with full customer support.

The Anka branded alarms do have terrible reviews, no one seems to have got the interlink to work, but how can you trust your life to something that only cost £16.00 why not buy a well known brand of radio interlinked smoke alarm such as Aico or Hispec

As a side note, there are so many brands of smoke alarm available if you took them to the fire brigade first question would be "where are the instructions"

I bought 3 smoke and a heat detector of that brand off ebay. I was told they were all interlinkable. They're not.

The pairing was tricky but done after a couple of failed attempts. To comply with the Scottish Nazi party's new law I need a heat detector that will pair up with the smoke or another smoke of same brand to interlink with the 3. Already checked with scot govt and 4 smoke are allowed although the positioning of the one in the kitchen/diner will have to be well away from cooking area.

I will give them a vote of confidence. They work and test well.

well if people fitted basic common sense items like a smoke alarm then it wouldnt need to be law. although tbh it still shouldnt be law and those who value their life less than a smoke detector can just go die in a fire
Problem here is that the person who values their life above fire protection isn't necessarily just putting their own life on the line so this comment is somewhat distasteful.

Never before has fire regulations been enforceable in domestic households.

The SNP extend their reach into ordinary peoples lives.

If it was that good a law why hasn't the rest of the UK or Europe or any other country brought in the same?

The thing is most homes have detectors. The Fire service has been fitting them for 20yrs FREE. Councils/housing associations and private let's must have detectors hard wired. The rest that fall into this trap are private home owners and 99% of them have detectors. To make them obsolete because they are not interlinked and make home owners pay for interlinked detectors is nonsense.

Here's something to ponder. If you live in Jockiestan and have a fire but only had non interlinked detectors. Will your insurance pay out because the house didn't comply with the law?

Guess what 99% of UK insurance companies use English law for disputes. Sooooo Scottish homes would receive an insurance pay out if insured.

I only joined this forum to say the Chinese detectors work fine and are interlinkable if you read the instructions properly.

I only joined this forum to say the Chinese detectors work fine and are interlinkable if you read the instructions properly.

have you tested the properly using approved methods, like to comply with the relevant product standards, or claiming that they work because youve managed to get them to make a noise but no idea if they will actually wake you in a fire?

have you tested the properly using approved methods, like to comply with the relevant product standards, or claiming that they work because youve managed to get them to make a noise but no idea if they will actually wake you in a fire?

Well Mr Magpie I managed to get you to make a noise but it doesn't prove you work properly or do joined up thinking does it.

ANKA Wireless Interconnected Smoke Alarm Detector ,【2021 NEW】10-Year Battery Interlinked smoke Alarm, with Over 820 ft Transmission Range, Conforms to EN 14604 Standard, AJ-761SI4​

Last edited:
Much of what we buy from wholesalers is Chinese. When it's imported by a big UK brand, there is usually good documentation available (even if it is not in the packet).

If you can't easily find good docs, don't waste your time - bin it and buy a supported product.

In my 20's, I would save money by buying edmunsons own brand double sockets (more pints for me, I thought). The plastic was so thin, you could see light through it. Never made it to the pub, too busy replacing cracked sockets (I didn't give up even when I broke two fitting them).

In my 30's, I bought punch down rj45 sockets because they were a lot cheaper than the snap on cover type, cost me a lot of time.

In my 40's I made up custom leads, should have paid a shop to do it in a machine.

I'm sure there are lots of supermen (and women and daily variables) who can punch down 1000 connectors in 5 mins without making a mistake, but for what? An extra £25 in your pocket?

If you work for a clueless boss who expects you to work with junk, charge him by the hour.

If you work for yourself - even DIY - do not buy from ebay - do not buy cheap - just buy a supported product saving yourself a whole load of grief.

If it was that good a law why hasn't the rest of the UK or Europe or any other country brought in the same?
France, Germany and the Netherlands have entered fire alarm requirements into their statute already enforced for all properties, the EU are consulting on this at the moment to enforce it into all properties, not just rentals.

France, Germany and the Netherlands have entered fire alarm requirements into their statute already enforced for all properties, the EU are consulting on this at the moment to enforce it into all properties, not just rentals.

Aye well there's that wee thing called BREXIT mate. It's just Nicoliar wants to cozy up to the EU in any shape or form as chief mammy

Take it you'll be happy with the automatic speed limiter being fitted to all cars made in and imported into the EU as of this summer?

The argument to enforce "interlinked" detectors is void when 99% have already got detectors that do the job fitted. Then there's the covid vaccine issue 5m adults in the UK haven't been vaccinated but it's more important to have interlinked smoke/heat detectors, is it?

I do get why there will be a lot on here in favour as it's a easy wee earner to fit them and rip off some old people into the bargain. Kerr ching

Latest posts