Intermediate Switching

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke1012

Reaction score
Hi i'm an apprentice electrician still at college so bear with me because this might be a silly mistake but i have recently been re-wiring a house and we installed a intermediate switch. This was wired in singles and two core between the switches so the feed comes down at the 1st switch and switch back up at the third and the two strappers connected into L1 and L2 through-out the circuit. The problem is when you have the third switch either on/off the other two swithces do not work, if the the third switch is in the right position the first two switches work as normal. Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

sorry to sound offish,

but your question contradicts itself,

either you are using singles, or you are using 3core,

if you are using singles and dropping the feed at the first 2way switch then you should only have a T&E between the remaining switches, with a single switch live returning to the light.

Im a bit lost as to how this is actually wired,

bit more info please.

Sorry thats habbit, yea its just strappers between the switches with a feed at the 1st two way switch and the switch wire at the last one

Luke as part of your course was you required to get the Heinemann Electrical Installation Level 2 book ? If so on page 129 there is a wiring diagram to show intermediate wiring in singles or page 131 for T&E cable.

Its easier with a picture
default_good%20luck.gif
;)