Is this correct?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all i asked for was some help, i haven't had enough experience i get that.
then why are you doing work for customers when you dont knwo what you are doing? have they asked why its taking soe long? did you tell them it was because you dont understand it and are asking a bunch of random strangers on the internet for advice on how to do it?

then why are you doing work for customers when you dont knwo what you are doing? have they asked why its taking soe long? did you tell them it was because you dont understand it and are asking a bunch of random strangers on the internet for advice on how to do it?
when i say customer, its my uncles house next door so its not that big of a deal

So here is the best advice, go back to whoever trained you and ask why they didn’t teach you the basics?
Then take the advice of other esteemed members on here and get a Qualified Experienced spark in to show you why and how wrong you are. You have been given pointers on here to look at but unless you understand the basic concept they may as well be chocolate making instruction?

Ultimately I suspect you will do neither and attempt to connect how you think it should be connected and then experience your first (?) bang!!

You say the previous electrician has put the cables in place?

customers :(

So here is the best advice, go back to whoever trained you and ask why they didn’t teach you the basics?
Then take the advice of other esteemed members on here and get a Qualified Experienced spark in to show you why and how wrong you are. You have been given pointers on here to look at but unless you understand the basic concept they may as well be chocolate making instruction?

Ultimately I suspect you will do neither and attempt to connect how you think it should be connected and then experience your first (?) bang!!
i appreciate your concern, i will try and learn this by getting someone else to show it to me

i appreciate your concern, i will try and learn this by getting someone else to show it to me
Very wise, you will have a greater appreciation of the advice given once you do.
Hope that it works out for you.
Out of interest how long was your training and how old are you?
What area are you on maybe a member is close by that could offer a little assistance for you?

What area are you on maybe a member is close by that could offer a little assistance for you?

it says London on his profile , I work in and around London ,its a big place, maybe we could have the first bit of your post code, not to give too much away if its close I would not mind calling in on my way home some time,

Last edited:
it says London on his profile , I work in and around London ,its a big place, maybe we could have the first bit of your post code, not to give too much away if its close I would not mind calling in on my way home some time,
Great result for the OP, thank you.

Locked to prevent any further "editing"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.