just had a call out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
My fault left the phone on, but thought what the heck & went out to it.

Chinese restaurant and the gas valve keeps cutting off then comes back on after 10 mins.

Told them I think it's probably the airflow sensor on the extractor that

not specifically electrical regs, I wouldnt think(but me and regs..... well?!?!?)

but I would deffo think building regs somewhere, its a safety device for a reason.

I think you did right.

You did do the right thing.

Who knows if the 'engineer' really was coming the next day? It could of been the 'well it works now, I'll call them soon to fix it'.

If the Engineer was coming Tomorrow, Why did he phone you?

Me thinks he is pulling a fast one. Good on you for doing the right thing. :D

did you manage to blag a free chinky for going out? ; )Guiness Drink

You did the right thing. Specially on a gas appliance. In fact you raise the question, are we allowed to work on gas appliances without being GORGI ?

Their regulations regarding flues are far reaching, as far as Wormwood Scrubs, I hear !

Used to work on big gas burners for heating up paint shops, though this is a Chinese, the principal is similar.

The airflow sensor is probably just a pressure switch, the idea being if the main fan fails for whatever reason, the air pressure drops then the heat source is cut off.

My guess is that there was some crap flapping around the pressure switch pipe.

Think you did the right thing though, this one could have come back to bite you on the ar$e. Think of all that gunge in the ventilation ducting that could have ignited. It happened to a posh place near us, and razed the building to the ground!