Just moved to a new house....................

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mick061261

Reaction score
..............and would appreciate your advice. Firstly the incoming supply to the consumer runs from a pole in the street , and has been clipped to the fascia directly below the gutttering (10m run). Find it hard to understand why the board have done this considering fascia's rot and need replacing( this one does ).

Is this a normal practice?? who do I get to re-route it when relacing the fascia ??

The consumer is in the garage and labelled for next inspection 2009.If I was to convert the garage into a kitchen and stick a bedroom on top , should I be budgeting for new 17th edition kit or would the light and power circuits be extended using existing consumer ( its under 3 years old )

Would appreciate your thoughts , thanks in advance . Mick

Ps sorry to hijack your forum , am only a poor Plumber , but if I can help anyone with plumbing or heating questions, ask away.

Welcome to the forums :)

Someone will be along shortly who can help you

considor yourself 'on hold'.

would you like a beer while you wait? Guiness Drink

You need to contact your DNO (Distribution Network Operator) and get them out to look at it.

Have a look here to see who it is.

If the cons. unit is less than 3 yr old, I find it difficult to understand why next inspection would be due next year; UNLESS the CU installers didn`t verify existing circuits (which, AFAIAC, they should have done).

Agree with Mr. S r.e. DNO. It`s THEIR cable, not yours, and only they are authorised to move it.

If the CU is as new as you say, I would expect it to have sufficient capacity for your conversion to utilise new circuits, to 17th, and fit RCBo`s in the existing CU.

Have the inspection of existing wiring done the same time. It SHOULD be cheaper.

KME

If the cons. unit is less than 3 yr old, I find it difficult to understand why next inspection would be due next year; UNLESS the CU installers didn`t verify existing circuits (which, AFAIAC, they should have done).
Possibly the CU has been previously changed, but some/or all, existing wiring & accessories left in situ'

and possibly some areas of concern regarding signs of wear or ageing on other parts of the installation.. so recommend shorter interval till next inspection? ?:|

Mayhaps, m8.Any more power cuts up in deepest, darkest midlands??

One of those scrappies try to nick a bit of copper that was carring a few KVs again????
I am powered, illuminated, lubricated & pleasantly intoxicated!!Guiness Drink

Kids back @ school...

keep gettin Dad can you help with this... or I need a thingy for Friday...

etc.. etc..

Trying to get quite a few bits work & family sorted..

So don't want any more Power "Outages"?

is that the proper work they use nower days.. Not "Cuts"? :| :)

Welcome to the forum.

Ps sorry to hijack your forum

You haven't Mate - That is why this place was set up. ;)

am only a poor Plumber

Can you post a photo please? I have yet to see one of those. I believe I have more chance of buying pixie dust from Argos. :^O

but if I can help anyone with plumbing or heating questions, ask away.

That's Jolly decent of you. Thanks You. Maybe I should open a Plumers forum too, and make you a Moderator. ]:)

Thanks guys.

Admin , there are a few "poor plumbers" about , common scenario is that most householders have re-mortgaged to pay sparkie's invoices and boiler service intervals get longer and longer;) ;)

Take your point that the incoming is their cable and need to contact them with regard to moving, but is it normal practice for the robin bar stewards to clip it to a fascia that will in time rot before the brickwork does??

That's Jolly decent of you. Thanks You. Maybe I should open a Plumers forum too, and make you a Moderator. ]:)
Ooh more forums? I like the idea of that. Are you serious or just been flippant?

:)

I think hes joking apache,or at least

i hope hes joking.

?:| ? :|

:x
You are dreadfully protective of this forum admin 2. :^O Like a mother hen ;)

It might be nice to have a 'family' or friendly forums, on a similar line too this. It would be a good thing and in no way detract from here.

You are dreadfully protective of this forum admin 2. :^O Like a mother hen ;) It might be nice to have a 'family' or friendly forums, on a similar line too this. It would be a good thing and in no way detract from here.
Just doing my job:)

Well....trying to:D

I think admin 2 should have a better user name than just admin 2.

I'm going to suggest 'motherhen' as it's very fitting

:D

If she keeps laughing at derogatory comments like "old KME", she won`t NEED another usernameX(

"Motherhen" - suggesting that Admin is "hen-pecked" however - I like] :)

Nick - to answer your question, the bar stewards are not above such underhand tic-tacs. You, as a plumbit, would probably understand those only too well;) :D :D:D

(sorry - couldn`t resist]:)Guiness Drink - beer makes that happen!!)

Thanks guys.Admin , there are a few "poor plumbers" about , common scenario is that most householders have re-mortgaged to pay sparkie's invoices and boiler service intervals get longer and longer;) ;)

Take your point that the incoming is their cable and need to contact them with regard to moving, but is it normal practice for the robin bar stewards to clip it to a fascia that will in time rot before the brickwork does??
Or has it rotted away because some dodgy plumber butted the overflow pipes up against it :eek: ; );\