Just passed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyDong

Reaction score
Just sat the 2377 (PAT exam)..

And got a 100% Applaud Smiley

This must be the easiest test to do...even easier than the 17th!! :eek:

Got to decide what course/exam to do next???

D.

I say - Well done DD.

Was that a written or pc multi-choice exam?

Congratulations DD

Thinking of doing the PAT testing course in January. Night course for five weeks.

Did you have your own test meter? Or did you use one from your course provider?

Get yourself one of theeseGuiness Drink

Thanks guys :D

Don't worry about having/not having your own meter (although I have a Megger/AVO unit). The college will provide one when required. The practical test consists of testing two items of equipment (this practical does not count towards the actual pass or fail - gods knows why ya have to do it). The exam doesn't ask any questions on how you use a tester either.

I just did a 7 evening based course. You could easily pass it without doing the course. If you can read and reference a book (a nice pretty pictured text book - not a regs book) then you can pass this course/exam.

D.

im booked in for my on the 2nd of december 2 day course

should be interesting looking forward to it

hopefully the people on your course will have more about them than mine - boy the were some dumb ****wits on my course! :(

The exam is a 30 question open book multiple choice test - 1 hour in length.

I had done the easy 25 questions in the first 15minutes - virtually without using the book at this point, then the 5 remaining questions in the next 10minutes using the book, then reviewed them all in another 5 or so minutes.

I was done in just over 30minutes! :)

D.

Ive done it, and to be honest it was a joke.

I did pick up few little things. But generally if you have never used a pat tester before, it will be hard. Otherwise the book is the course-theory.

Had one guy his company sent him, never seen or used a tester before. No electrical knowledge. He was under the impression he would be taught how to use one. Nope.

The guy running the course basically read the book to us. "IEE code of practice for in-service inspection & testing of electrical equipment" and that was it.

a half hour play with a few testers and thats it, then 2 PC exams.

But please don't think i am belittling the course. If your testing. I guess its a must have, covers your ass.

Theres a few little quirks that i've picked up.

I think I was the only sparkie on the course.

There was a variety of people on the couse, managers, builders, a guy was there because his lad was doing a plumbing course and he dropped him off and picked him up - he couldn't be ****d to go home between, so thought he'd do this course to fill in the time!

We did a little on using a tester - one evening was devoted to it - but I can gaurentee when the evening was over, half of them still didnt know how to use one!

D.