Kandor/Blyss DDD500WT151DA Towel Radiator Refusing to heat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim McMillan

Reaction score
HI folks Newbie here - DIY and not qualified Electrician

My problem is with an electric towel radiator model as above which has a programmable timer and settings contoller which is working spot on - however, even though everything is showing as it should, and power is getting to the heater as is proved with the live and active controller, there is no heat coming from the bars/element which was working previously. I've checked al the troubleshooting and been through all my settings which are actually the same as before when it did work, it indicates that it is in heating mode but no heat at all. This is a dry towel radiator so there's no "stick" element to change as I've done before with a water filled towel warmer we had before but no Errors or indications why it isn't heating up.

There was a section in trouble shooter saying if the heater does not heat up, switch it off for 15 minutes or so which should reset any thermal cut outs, then power up again. I've done that a few times now and still no heat. If power is getting to the controller/stand by switch then I have to assume as I said before that there is power getting to the unit, but can't get a bit of heat from the radiator. Any ideas????? 

I would like not to replace this until I'm convinced that the heating element is goosed, but I'm happy to buy a new one if anyone can convince me with any other ideas. Thanks in advance, Jim/. https://www.diy.com/departments/kandor-500w-electric-white-towel-warmer-h-980mm-w-550mm/1427592_BQ.prd

Sorry, but it looks to me that you don't have much choice. 

As the controller is part of the towel rail assembly, deciding which part is at fault is academic. It's unlikely there is any viable repair service, though you could enquire.

I would double check for any "reset" button, but otherwise, in your words, it's goosed.

Hey Geoff1946, thanks for your comments - it's just about 2 months out of guarantee so I'm going to see B&Q to consider it - wish me luck! Thanks again! 😀 

A wee update to the issue guys - B&Q took pity on me and replaced the heater under guarantee even though I was 2 months past the expiry date - so well done to the guys at B&Q  Newcraighall in Edinburgh for their positive and supportive response.