kelly

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel

Reaction score
hi there. my toddler and i have moved into a flat with storage heaters. this was june. i have not had to use them until now. absolutely no output. the housing association have sent 2 electricians. they say its the providers fault as there is an off peak and on peak? as far as i know there is only one electric panel. the electric company have sent out an engineer who i actually didnt even meet or speak to and they have checked the board and said its all fine. its digital but an old meter. i have checked myself (no idea what i am looking at) but flashing red lights dont seem to be something reassuring? there couldnt physically be anywhere else for a panel to be. so essentially it is nobodys problem but ours. 

the heaters are creda. they are old. i have been told that i need economy 7 switched on but scottish power say that there is no economy 7? absolutely at a loss. i even got diverted to 105 but as there are lights they are unable to help.

any ideas? there is a green and red button on the meter and a keypad with tonnes of options but i have been told that someone has checked that today. is this because i switched to a new provider? 

Hello Kel, welcome to the forum, sorry to hear of your problems. I have heard of people having various issues with Economy 7 following a change of provider.  Do you have any control and choice over who your provider is?  Or are you tied down to what the housing association provide? If you have no choice it may be your housing associations problem, not yours.  My gut feeling is that this is a problem of your energy providers making. Assuming you have more than one storage heater that are all not working would suggest that it is your economy 7 not turning on as it should.

Doc H.