KiNETIC Sounders ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toeknee

Reaction score
Hi guy’s 1st post for me here, I’m just a little confused as regard’s to the current rating of the AZ-TECH AZ220 external sounders. The “spec” says:-         370mA in full alarm, 160mA strobe, and 18mA in a quiescent state. I want to replace the 2 old (and knackered) sounders connected to my Optima compact panel  with 2 of the above units. The bell/sounder panel output is protected by a 1A fuse and I want both sounders to run in the “SAB” mode for maximum output volume. Do I assume that 2 x 370mA. which equates to 740mA will be the maximum load drawn from the panel in alarm conditions or do I add on the other values mentioned in the “spec” ??

Anyone please, what I’m basically asking is will I blow the panel fuse if I power up 2 of these units connected to the panel supply in an alarm condition. ??

Obviously the specification you quote is a little ambiguous, but I would think "Full alarm" will mean what it says and be the maximum demand of the unit. In that case you are OK.

Thankyou Geoff1946, I will now go ahead and connect both units to my panel in the “SAB” mode.