Kitchen isolators and stuff

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:


Junior Member
Jul 10, 2008
Reaction score

I'm going to ask my electrician to change all my white sockets and isolators to stainless steel, but I don't know what my options are when it comes to the isolators. As I understand it, I can change the cooker hood and washing machine switches for FCUs. What I would like to do is change the oven and hob switches for something that looks as similar as possible to those FCUs (i.e. single switches with no neons and no additional 13A socket). What are my options here?

At the moment I have two switches for the oven and hob: one is a single switch with a neon and the other is one of those 'cooker' switches with a big red toggle switch and a 13A socket - I don't know which controls the oven and which controls the hob (and am not at my flat to test it). I'm assuming I can replace the single neon switch with something almost identical, just in stainless steel and without a neon. But can I change that 'cooker' unit for something with a single switch that looks like the other single switches?



Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Mar 21, 2008
Reaction score
If that is mirror chromee - How come we can't see a reflection of the Photographer? :| :D
Because it's a ghost photographer! Wooooooooo...........!



Latest posts