Kitchen Rewire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just run this by you lads.

New kitchen being fitted in dining room (downstairs ring existing in here)

Old kitchen being left as utility (kitchen ring existing) dryer wash machine ect in here.

New kitchen 3 x Double sockets Fcu to fridge and heater 1.8 kw

built in microwave consumption?

Duel fuel cooker 0.95kw fan oven

Extractor?

Wine cooler

As downstairs ring is only feeding tv and audio equipment now my easiest solution is to alter this to supply new kitchen.

NO spare ways in board ,no dedicated cooker circuit house wired 5 years ago by nic spark all bonds in place.Neat job apart from making good.

Also 4 under unit lights i will fcu from same circuit to cover rcd requirement.

EFLI currently 0.41

Your thoughts lads please:)

Sounds fine from here, mate. I don`t see an issue - you are obviously keeping the ring final; and simply extending it for your purposes?HTH

KME
Thanks for replying mate,Yes just altering the existing ring, i havent calced the max demand on this circuit yet but from current info it should be ok unless kitchen design and loads have increased.

oven and fixed appliances i will all feed through fcus, so all fused as well. :) :)

Looks good to me..Applaud SmileyI'm doing a Kitchen on Monday (It has 5 JBs, just shoved in the wall)

:D
Ohh dear,I put them on top of cuboards for under unit lights occasionally but stuffed in wall sounds a bit grim. :eek:

Good job your there to sort it mate:D

Ohh dear,I put them on top of cuboards for under unit lights occasionally but stuffed in wall sounds a bit grim. :eek:

The Kitchen has now been stripped, with the ceiling removed the morning...

(Which will alow me to get rid of the JB's)

I'm going to terminate (correctly), the existing circuits and install a new ring & cooker feed, plus bring in the missing water main bond.

;)

I might also add, the reason for not using the existing ring, is because of the alterations that have been done to the wiring in this installation...

On the 2nd fix, there is to be a board change (17th), so I want to eleimante as many issues as possible, prior..

:^O

The Kitchen has now been stripped, with the ceiling removed the morning...(Which will alow me to get rid of the JB's)

I'm going to terminate (correctly), the existing circuits and install a new ring & cooker feed, plus bring in the missing water main bond.

;)
Lovely when the ceilings down:DI have to remove a few floor boards monday ,Hope client has removed carpet ect Pray.

Lovely when the ceilings down:DI have to remove a few floor boards monday ,Hope client has removed carpet ect Pray.
I always feel guilty lifting carpets... :eek:

Just done a kitchen job meself for an elderly lady who said she was having problems, had to put main bonding to water supply (had none: O) . Someone had put extra sockets in and attached them to the side of the cupboards rather than walls and two of them didn't have any back boxes at all! These extra sockets were 'spurred from the ring main by the cable being split and the wires being twisted together with insulating tape wrapped around them. How some people get away with this well.............

I might add, though the ring main was maintained, when I removed several of the old sockets in cupboards this morning...

Just a shame about the way it was done..

Back later, guys..B-)

Just done a kitchen job meself for an elderly lady who said she was having problems, had to put main bonding to water supply (had none: O) . Someone had put extra sockets in and attached them to the side of the cupboards rather than walls and two of them didn't have any back boxes at all! These extra sockets were 'spurred from the ring main by the cable being split and the wires being twisted together with insulating tape wrapped around them. How some people get away with this well.............
:eek: :O:O

I have found that occasionally in kitchens you have to put some sockets in cuboards] :)

Dishwashers a prime example of this;)

:eek: :O:OI have found that occasionally in kitchens you have to put some sockets in cuboards] :)

Dishwashers a prime example of this;)
Nothing wrong with that, cupboards (secured) are part of the fabric of the property...

I might add, though the ring main was maintained, when I removed several of the old sockets in cupboards this morning...Just a shame about the way it was done..

Back later, guys..B-)
Thanks for the input ExtApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Nothing wrong with that, cupboards (secured) are part of the fabric of the property...
What is that reg about kitchen furniture?

Not that i dont mind the odd deviation,

keeps you in steps good books a nice deviation,

just waiting for the birch twig attack for that one] :)

What is that reg about kitchen furniture?Not that i dont mind the odd deviation,

keeps you in steps good books a nice deviation,

just waiting for the birch twig attack for that one] :)
Im not the son of lucifer himself you know.! :eek:

Im at a quandry as to fitted units being fabric of building or not.......

tho I really dont see any probs with having a socket fixed to them, and I wouldnt put it down as a deviation.

one o them things I think, personal opinion, I usually read each job like this as it comes.

Im not the son of lucifer himself you know.! :eek: Im at a quandry as to fitted units being fabric of building or not.......

tho I really dont see any probs with having a socket fixed to them, and I wouldnt put it down as a deviation.

one o them things I think, personal opinion, I usually read each job like this as it comes.
]:) ] :) ]:) ] :)

Just a bit of fun steps ;)

Honest:D:D

Its a lot easyier to put them in there as long as they are not the 300mm ones;)