LABC work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel

Reaction score
Please, please can someone get my brain straight. I'm not registered wiith a body to self certify my work. I'm just starting out on my own and know that some of the work I'll be doing (such as bathrooms, kitchens etc) will have to be done under the LABC untill I can get sorted with self certification. I have no problem (apart from cost and time) in sorting LABC forms n money etc.

My confusion comes in when I complete the EIC and test results etc (I have done PART P and the new initial testing and inspecting) Do I have to get everything tested by another 'spark' or is any further testing the responsibility of the LABC. I've been asked to wire an extension containing a shower room which is obviously being done with planning permission etc. So am I right in thinking that I can do the work under the LABC notice for the extension. Hope I've made some sort of sense here:8}

Inform the LABC before you commence the work and pay their fee. Complete the forms when finished and send it to them.

They will send someone over if they feel it to be necessary to inspect your work. However as LABC's all work to their own specifications it can be hard to tell what they will do!

Concur. They SHOULD visit the site before work starts, during install, and, usually, after.

Needless to say, in the real world, they don`t.

n.b. The labc get copies of the cert. Customer ALWAYS has the originals.

KME