lamp posts

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all know the (approx) 3m high lamp posts, as fitted in private car parks, etc.

The type you can bolt your own fitting onto.......

Anyone know where to get them from??

Thanks

Do you mean the ones you fit metal halide or son lamps on if you do citys do them but I would imagine most wholesalers could order them.

Batty

Do you mean the ones you fit metal halide or son lamps on if you do citys do them but I would imagine most wholesalers could order them.Batty
That`s the ones mate......

TLC don`t seem to have much on that front; and I had a pretty terminal argument with the manager of our local CEF about 5 yrs ago, and haven`t been near the place since. Staff attitudes stank, stock levels were horrendous, and I got cheesed off one day after three of the staff`s "mates" came in behind me, were greeted by name & served before everyone else waiting. X(X(X( X(

If there is one thing guaranteed to p**s me off; that`d be it.....

That`s the ones mate......TLC don`t seem to have much on that front; and I had a pretty terminal argument with the manager of our local CEF about 5 yrs ago, and haven`t been near the place since. Staff attitudes stank, stock levels were horrendous, and I got cheesed off one day after three of the staff`s "mates" came in behind me, were greeted by name & served before everyone else waiting. X(X(X( X(

If there is one thing guaranteed to p**s me off; that`d be it.....
I know what you mean. I bought five grands worth of lighting of them. Two of the acrylic spheres where broke. The manager said that I had broke them and would not give me a credit. Havn't used them since. The trouble is they are on commision so they don't like giving credits.

Batty

Hi KME, Try the Electric Centre they have a good range of street lighting poles and bracketry to go with them. Theres one in Cardiff 029 2048 5642.

I use the B,ham branch , very helpful, :) I know what you mean about CEF.:_| X(

Blimey, is everyone Welsh on this forum, ; \ good job I have the right name, they'll never know I'm English . :D

Deke

Thanks Pat.

Just perused, and they appear to have the generic outdoor lantern type fittings.

I need something that either comes with a blank "head", or one or two HID fittings on the top. 3 or 4M high.

Thanks for the link though. I`ve just found something else I needed, for another job.........

:)

KME

Hi KME, Try the Electric Centre they have a good range of street lighting poles and bracketry to go with them. Theres one in Cardiff 029 2048 5642.I use the B,ham branch , very helpful, :) I know what you mean about CEF.:_| X(

Blimey, is everyone Welsh on this forum, ; \ good job I have the right name, they'll never know I'm English . :D

Deke
Thanks Mr. E. (should we call you "enigma"?)

I`ll give `em a ring tomoz.....

No, we`re not all welsh. I`m a re-located yorkshireman. I believe we`ve got just about every county of the country covered, plus a few from afar (where`ve you been, mr. Diaz????)

:)