Led Hut "cordless Led Site Lite"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the "beast"

http://www.ledhut.co.uk/led-flood-lights/portable-rechargeable-10-watt-flood-light-12-volts-cool-white.html

To begin with.

I was amazed ( or should that be amused) at the physical size.....its tiny.

However, the light output is exceptional.

I find it great for dark corners, or where you`d be in your own light - I`ve got a site lite ( 28W2D), and 500W halo`s on a tripod, but the halogens are a pita r.e heat output; and in both cases you need to have a 240 socket available.

Not so with this little ****** :)

Take it to the area, flick the switch........instant task / area lighting.

Well worth it, in my opinion. Really chuffed with it.

I`ll post some pics tomorrow, unless I get called out again.........

Yes, I know you do - I`ve seen & used it :) :)

BUT - this is standalone; waterproof, on its little stand-thingy - s`more like a mini floodlight.

I often use a head torch - your boschy lite is somewhere between a head torch and this LEDHUT thing ;)

Stated as > 4 hrs on a full charge. 

So far ( only had it since last Tuesday) Its been run for at least three hours  - then topped back up ( took about 45 mins). - no sign it was getting low ( apparently little led underneath flashes at low charge.......)

Comes with universal charger ( 100-240V) - but 2 pin........and in-car 12V charger too.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the festool led light bit pricey, but the light it gives off is staggering. Was under a floor last week no natural light so pitch black, this little hand held light made it look as if I was day light. Would recommend it to any one, but the price is high, but quality comes at a price

Blue Duck,

If you have 18V Bosch Li kit then the light I linked to is pretty much the middle ground to be honest.

If you don't have the Bosch stuff, then it's no use though!

if you can get ahold of one Screwfix have been selling a identical product for 29.99 or 27.99 if your with electricfix

the lad has one of these, bought from local wholsaler at lower price. I have Makita cfl lamp thingy, lasts about 6 hours from full charge - uses Li-ion batteries from my drill

Not identical Jono, but very similar, and carp tbh, mine lasted just over an hour from full charge, and kills the DAB radio, so it's going back!
Had mine running the full 3 hours today didnt seem to bother it all that much, shall see how it fares since it will get some hammer the next week

I have the screwfix one also, never had the need to have it on for the said full duration, but it has lasted over 2-3 hours with no problems, maybe  you had a duff one SW.

Well mine's gone back & I won't be getting another one, IF I was not so busy I would have sent it to trading standards with a case for prosecution written up for them as it does not comply with all requirements for sale in the UK.

I did email them that I was going to, but I'm just too busy to work for nowt, I'll just get my money back & look for a different one.