LED LAMPS CAUSING INTEFERENCE WITH FM RADIO

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkytim

Reaction score
Any suggestions?

Installed 6 LED lamps(LOXA 6.5 Watt) in down lights in a kitchen, the customer is pleased with the lights BUT

She is unable to listen to Radio 4 on FM with them on!

There's an up point for every thing then :)

Had it before effecting a next doors amature radio was due to the electronics in the lamp

You will need to practice your sales technique and get them to purchase a DAB! unless someone else has a solution?

Doc H.

if you install led drivers ....... that interferes with the DAB signal headbang headbang

I've had my makita drill cause interference with my makita dab radio when too close together, now there's compatability for you.

Is it the RF interference from the lamp OR contamination

of the mains from the lamp?

I have a Hi Fi home built amplifier and it picks up RF when

a light is turned off. It is caused by the loudspeaker leads

picking up the RF from the room, and then feeding it back to

the amp in the feedback loop because the output has a very

low impedance.

I have the same problem in my kitchen/dining room,

I have 2 different makes of lamp, 2 circuits, if I remember I'll try and find out which one causes the most/least interference,

its deffo the lamps, it was fine with halogens fitted.

Deke its the foreigners that make them. They tried to take our country by force that didn't work so now they are trying to drive us mad with things that don't work.

Put the radio into a Faraday cage; along with the listener if they gripe. ;)

Update from LOXA tech.

"Tim

I am away in China at the moment, I will call you on my return on Wednesday, we have had this in the past and found that it was only on some radios, I can send you a filter that is

Wired directly on the lighting circuit, or we can send you the new LX238 lamps as replacements, the new lamps do not give off any interference

Regards "

Do they want the old ones sendng back before you get the replacements :innocent