LED lighting solution.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungy

Reaction score
I would like to install an LED lighting solution - mood lighting for my living room wall. This will be a 3.7 meter LED tape hidden behind a 2" (ish) plinth. I have recently remodeled my kitchen and have a new partition wall. My sparks has installed a standard light switch near the door and run grey electrical cable which pokes out of a hole at the top corner ready to be connected to my LED's. From what I can see online my LED kit will come with a Driver that has a 3 pin plug. Currently I don't have a 3 pin socket! I therefore need to interface my Grey wires from the light switch with the LED driver. I'm thinking that I could cut the 3 pin plug off the driver and join the cables in a small connector box however I would not have an in-line fuse at this point. Would this solution work please?

You don't need an inline fuse if it is on the lighting circuit. Make sure that any "plug" that you remove is just a plug and not a wall wort power supply.

You can get LED drivers that don't have a plug. This would be the best solution.

Latest posts