Light fitting problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tufty33

Reaction score
One particular ceiling light fitting. the bulbs blow very frequently, any suggestions as to problem?

Thanks

Frequently cheap light bulbs blow after short usage, try a decent bulb if you've not already.

Frequently cheap light bulbs blow after short usage, try a decent bulb if you've not already.
Concur with that one M8! ;)

Some may say, if they are any of a large DIY stores best bulbs... X(

the 1000hr or 2000hr or 3000hr etc...

expected life can be rounded down to ..

(Aledgedly!!!)

1000min 2000min or 3000min.. etc... ]:) ] :)

thanks all, the light fitting is a 3 lamp fitting, not enclosed and they probably are Cheap lamps but they blow on a weekly basis, this surely cant be down to quality?

thanks all, the light fitting is a 3 lamp fitting, not enclosed and they probably are Cheap lamps but they blow on a weekly basis, this surely cant be down to quality?
to give the lights the benefit of the doubt...

They may have been reasonable quality when they left the factory....

But I have my suspicions that they can be lugged & chucked around by van drivers and shelf stacker's at some of these large DIY stores!!! ;) ; )

By the way..

forgive my manners..

Welcome to the forum Tufty33:) :D

B-)eh-- watch it!!!

sneakin upbehind me like that!!!

you'll give me one of me turns... :eek: :O:p:p:p:p:p:p:| :_| :)
You did that pushy shovey thing to me. You are only allowed to do that to KME. X(

:D

Looks as if he'd/she'd LICK you to death.

:x (to the dog).

:D

are they on a dimmer ????

or is there one on that lighting circuit ?????

seen them cause a problem before,,,,,,