Looking For A Bad Customer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob196

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I know this may be a very long shot in the dark but im trying to locate a customer who had me working for a weeek on one of his properties but then refused to pay me so naturally i applied for a CCJ against him but it turns out the property i was working on was not as yet registered in this guys name and i never knew his real address other then that he lived in Derbyshire and we were working on his property in stoke on trent, so very hard to trace.

I have a name for him but the builder he was using who he never paid either has a completely different surname for him, so was wondering if anyone has come across this guy and perhaps knows where he lives so I can serve this CCJ on him and stop him cheating other workers out of there money.

The name I have for him is Mr Richard Ramsey but he told the builer his name was Richard Covacs (Conaxs)

Hope you all can help, if not thank you anyway for reading, just beware of this person if you come across him in the future as I believe he does this all the time to anyboby he has has working for him.

Rob.........

I hate those bastards with a vengance .  Can you at least go strip out everything you put in .  I would .  Someone will say thats illeagal but I'd do it , if he 'ait paid for it it must still be yours , he won't take action as because turds like that like to remain under their stones  .

I feel for you Rob  , never heard of the guy  I'm afraid.  

If it was a bit nearer I'd strip it out for you .

Rob196, for the future you must make sure when you deal with unknown customers you get valid addresses, bank details, email addresses etc.

You then ask you bank to check them out, they wont give details but will tell you enough for you to decide if you want to be involved.

I think we have all been there at some point and learn the hard way, 25 years ago I got caught for 10k, I went to the guys house in Chigwell and it was empty, went to his sports car garage and it was up for rent, all the cars had gone.

This all started with a small job in the Cotswolds and I did not do enough research into the guy.

It took 5 years of hard work 7 days a week to pay off the debt I had now got myself into.

I never made that mistake again, no matter how big or small I quote for the works asking for written confirmation of acceptance and bank details for Bac's payment.

Hi Everybody,

I know this may be a very long shot in the dark but im trying to locate a customer who had me working for a weeek on one of his properties but then refused to pay me so naturally i applied for a CCJ against him but it turns out the property i was working on was not as yet registered in this guys name and i never knew his real address other then that he lived in Derbyshire and we were working on his property in stoke on trent, so very hard to trace.

I have a name for him but the builder he was using who he never paid either has a completely different surname for him, so was wondering if anyone has come across this guy and perhaps knows where he lives so I can serve this CCJ on him and stop him cheating other workers out of there money.

The name I have for him is Mr Richard Ramsey but he told the builer his name was Richard Covacs (Conaxs)

Hope you all can help, if not thank you anyway for reading, just beware of this person if you come across him in the future as I believe he does this all the time to anyboby he has has working for him.

Rob.........
Ouch, thats a nasty bxstard, if there ever was one.

A couple of the replies look helpful so best you book a viewing for a property with him quickly!

Are M107 and Onoff detectives in disguise???

Hope their posts help you, a name like that can't be that common and the properties are in the right areas!

Keep us informed how you get on!

Are M107 and Onoff detectives in disguise???

Hope their posts help you, a name like that can't be that common and the properties are in the right areas!

Keep us informed how you get on!
I'd like to be Det, Sgt, Harriet Makepiece tbh............just for the day like...........

On a more serious note Google his email address:

[email protected]

Interesting how, if it's the same scrote that he was after art students.

Now then, after some more digging & only as in an unusual name but could this be the same guy?

http://directors.findthebest.co.uk/l/7687931/Mr-Richard-Kovacs

&

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/916536396

Last edited by a moderator:
Is just the suspicious nature i have..............thing to remember with pseudonyms, most people use their first name but use a similar surname and only change the spelling (turner becomes burnor).

Remember they have to build a whole ledgend around the name so unless it is second nature to do such things, they need a name they can quickly assimilate with and drop into character.

Thing to do is tell a variant of the truth........a simple lie is a lie you will remember  ;)

Thanks guys, all looks promising.

This guy has had insurance details sent to the property I was working on in the name of Ramsey so very suspicious, perhaps insurance fraud?? Might have to report that and see what happens.

Will be checking out that address in derby to see if it's the right one, got to track him down, it's amazing how you always hear about rouge traders and dodgy workmen but you never hear about the customers who screw honest workers out of there hard earned cash.....

Already looked on land registry but the property hasn't as yet been filed even though they had the paper work since last October but haven't filed it yet, was told there might be some legal problem or something along those lines .....

Last edited by a moderator: