Looking for work in Doncaster and surrounding areas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris83

Reaction score
Hope this is the right place to put this :) Didn't really want to post a job thread, but I'm really looking to get into the trade asap.

Doing the 2330 course, part time, at Doncaster College, every Tuesday and I really want a job in the industry while i'm doing the learning. I haven't got a job at the moment, and i'm worried that in order for me to get one, ill have to quit the course and get (another) call centre job!! :z . I'm loving the course and I just want the chance of a decent career. I'm 25 and i've had no luck so far in all my years! I'd be crushed if I had to leave the course as I feel like i'm running out of chances of a good career and i'm not getting younger! I'm enjoying the work too and its the highlight of my week!

Any job will do as long as its in the trade. As a mate or as anything else and I'm looking to rent a flat soon too. Trying to stay positive in the current financial climate with the country in a mess!!! :D

try for some voluntary work, i know you want to earn some hard cash m8 but as you say nothing around at the minute and people are not taking on.

you would only slow someone down at the minute and be a hindrance but in a matter of weeks you will grow in confidence and your work will improve then maybe look for some paid work.

good luck m8 .. :)

you wont regret making the push and taking a trade on, but its not as good as it looks sometimes the work is very hard and there are endless knock backs..

lol.

Thanks mate.

I have actually tried this if i'm honest. I have time on my hands, but nobody seems to want this either. Maybe its an insurance issue.

I'm happy to volunteer though because at the moment I feel like I need an electrician 'fix' in that college is just one day a week and I always want to learn more. With it being Christmas, I'm not there for 3 weeks but I have rented out a couple of books and videos from the library.

insurance is an issue . :(

700 a year for an employee,

the last school leaver i had i was paying 70 pound a month just for the pleasure..

apply for a cis card, and get liability insurance for your self this will make it more attractive to an employee and they can use you with no cost to them selves.

i use simply business for insurance, very competitive.

Business Insurance and Commercial Finance from Simply Business

Passed the CSCS card exam today. It really was easy, just as people said. Just need to send off the form. Hopefully its going to get me a job! I can't do anymore to get a work. The country really is in a dire mess. I feel for those qualified, experienced people out there.

Passed the CSCS card exam today. It really was easy, just as people said. Just need to send off the form. Hopefully its going to get me a job! I can't do anymore to get a work. The country really is in a dire mess. I feel for those qualified, experienced people out there.
Well done on your pass.

There a plenty of employers laying off electricians at this terrible time in our economy.

Hopefully the banks will kick start the economy with released funding for the small fry who employ loads of people up and down the country.

I had a similar hard time in the early 90's the building trade really was effected hard that time as it is now.

We have just got to pull up our socks as they say and carry on.

Nothing much more you can do, but on the bright side it will not last.

(At least thats what I tell myself).

Latest posts