Lost -N- Found..............

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...  a while back I miss-placed one of my screwdrivers...

(Not an essential bit of kit, as I had others that could do the same job....

But it was one I was fond of.. as I used it quite a lot...Hence it got lost on a job somewhere..)

Obviously couldn't remember exactly where I last used it..

But narrowed it down to two or three customers..

Not sufficiently valuable to require an urgent second visit...

But it was bugging me trying to suss out where it was!?

Anyway....

earlier this week I went back to a customer...

(on my shortlist of possible suspects)...

And low...It came to pass...  that my screwdriver was still sitting there, (in the loft)...

Where I had miss-placed it!!!

So..  looking back over my previous jobs-record-diary...

This was a span of..  

17th July... till 19th November.. 

Or Approx  4 months.

So this made me wonder....

Who else on the forumbulator has left something at a customer...

Then retrieved it at a later date...

AND.. was it greater than 4 months?????????

Guinness :popcorn  

Prizes will be given by Forum Tech-support AKA (Lord-Dekington-Of-Deke-Towers)...

You can choose from signed photo of (a) The Deke Pooch, or (b) The Deke Guitar..

Don't all rush too quick or the server may crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:innocent :slap   :Blushing

WHhhhoooaahhh!!!   slow down   ...I'm having to filter all the replies......  bad as the voting for  " Get me outa here "   this is  .  

I really hate losing tools ,  drives me mad wondering where the hell I've left them  .   

not quite 4 month but lost a tape measure last week. it was 1 of 2 places. went back to one of them the other day for a different job and one of the staff comes over with it saying he found it on the stage last week. of course, engraving everything helps, leaves no questions as to who it belongs to when found

I lost a rechargeable lantern torch in a factory roof....well,actually the apprentice left it there. It was one of those that had the illuminous front bezel and floated upright if dropped in water. Had a 996 rechargeable battery in it with a built in charger ( built into battery)this was sometime in the early 80s, found it some 15 years later....flat!  Put it on charge and do you know what?....yep, spot on, it didn't work

i often find spanners under the bonnet when car has been into garage.  I always take them back, we have used same one man band garage for years. He needs the tools to do the job to pay his mortgage,  I need the cars/s to do my job and pay mine

I lost a rechargeable lantern torch in a factory roof....well,actually the apprentice left it there. It was one of those that had the illuminous front bezel and floated upright if dropped in water. Had a 996 rechargeable battery in it with a built in charger ( built into battery)this was sometime in the early 80s, found it some 15 years later....flat!  Put it on charge and do you know what?....yep, spot on, it didn't work

i often find spanners under the bonnet when car has been into garage.  I always take them back, we have used same one man band garage for years. He needs the tools to do the job to pay his mortgage,  I need the cars/s to do my job and pay mine
You are one of the few... It is very rare that anyone brings them back. The price of workshop tools is nearly a mortgage job lol. 

In fact most of the lads have a rolling account with the tool vans. 

It is gut wrenching to lose them.

Found a carpenter's Stanley swing brace in a false ceiling  , covered in dust , not a clue as to who the owner was , long  moved on.  Must have been  late '60s  .

Still got it somewhere  ...never used it .  

Reminded me of being an employee back in the day ,   no SDS or battery drills  etc  then , but you'd have one of the firm's power drills ,  basic chuck type  , no hammer ....and the chuck key would not have been seen since  it was unpacked new 10 yrs before . 

Jam a drill bit in the hole & lever the chuck round with a driver.  

Last edited by a moderator: