Lunch Break

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys take a meaningful break or what?

(I don't, apart from about 5 minutes or so)

I tend to work through and leave (spent, so to speak)..

:D

No I do the same as you a quick munch on the hoof so's to speak (after all time is money).................it really p***** the bloke I sometimes use as a helping hand, he's used to a full sitdown for half hour in his fulltime work..light weight.

I do however on arrival at the job tell the customer to make the tea strong & keep it comming & if they give the old " we are out of milk" excuse, it's not a problem black will do :D

Tell them that you have some in the van - for your use only, though. ]:)

I'd rather try and get the job done and leave early..

But like today (1st fix on an extension), I was spent so sat in my Van for 10 minutes.. :D

(Come 3.45pm I'd had enough and went home)

:_|

Tell them that you have some in the van - for your use only, though. ]:)
Last month I did a rewire for an old couple (the place was heaving with grime) & the brews were so s*** like dishwater made with longlife milk :_|

So i sent the lad down the shops for 2ltr bottle of water + brew kit + cups & a kettle with instructions to smuggle it all in without the oap's seeing (didnt want to offend them), while he was gone I fired a socket in the loft (for tv splitter), we then said no thank you to further offers of a brew from the old couple,& brewed up ourselves in the loft :D

That must be the services training kicking in M107.

So i sent the lad down the shops for 2ltr bottle of water + brew kit + cups & a kettle with instructions to smuggle it all in without the oap's seeing (didnt want to offend them), while he was gone I fired a socket in the loft (for tv splitter), we then said no thank you to further offers of a brew from the old couple,& brewed up ourselves in the loft :D
you mean High Tea...

:^O

Last month I did a rewire for an old couple (the place was heaving with grime) & the brews were so s*** like dishwater made with longlife milk :_| So i sent the lad down the shops for 2ltr bottle of water + brew kit + cups & a kettle with instructions to smuggle it all in without the oap's seeing (didnt want to offend them), while he was gone I fired a socket in the loft (for tv splitter), we then said no thank you to further offers of a brew from the old couple,& brewed up ourselves in the loft :D
I love it,

jeez reminds of the days when i used to have a few tinnies in my lunch box.!

:D :D:D:D:D:D

memories of the good ole days. :)

I love it,jeez reminds of the days when i used to have a few tinnies in my lunch box.!

:D :D:D:D:D:D

memories of the good ole days. :)
So they are your emptys we sometimes find under the boards Steptoe :^O

Anyway night all I'm off up the wooden hill to bedfordshire.

i thought i was sparky law that on a vacant rewire the first thing done was.

rig up a socket for the kettle.....

test it out.....

as for breaks.......brews on the move .... sarnie in hand when mulling over a problem..

Do you guys take a meaningful break or what?(I don't, apart from about 5 minutes or so)

I tend to work through and leave (spent, so to speak)..

Depends on the sort of job & how long I expect it to take..

e.g. small jobs.. day or less then to just crack on do the job..

(maybe have a few slightly longer tea breaks thou!).

On larger jobs If I am going to be there for several days..

I do tend to stop for at least 1/2 hour.... :D get me flask & lunch box out.. :)

read a book whilst noshin in the motor listening to the radio!

You gotta chill out... relax.. cant keep rushing here there & everywhere.. ;)

I often use lunch break to note down any specific bits about the installation..

e.g. some of the circuits arrangments...

little sketches of me cable routes...

reminders of any stuff I need to bring back to the job the next day...

If the customers not there & need to speak to them latter, write myself note so I don't forget what I was going to check with the customer! :(

So it can be a sort of relaxed workin lunch! :D

Sometimes you just need to let dust settle after a big chasin & box sinkin session....

or you need some fresh air after been in a loft or face mask on too long! :_|

Depends on the sort of job & how long I expect it to take..e.g. small jobs.. day or less then to just crack on do the job..

(maybe have a few slightly longer tea breaks thou!).

On larger jobs If I am going to be there for several days..

I do tend to stop for at least 1/2 hour.... :D get me flask & lunch box out.. :)

read a book whilst noshin in the motor listening to the radio!

You gotta chill out... relax.. cant keep rushing here there & everywhere.. ;)

I often use lunch break to note down any specific bits about the installation..

e.g. some of the circuits arrangments...

little sketches of me cable routes...

reminders of any stuff I need to bring back to the job the next day...

If the customers not there & need to speak to them latter, write myself note so I don't forget what I was going to check with the customer! :(

So it can be a sort of relaxed workin lunch! :D

Sometimes you just need to let dust settle after a big chasin & box sinkin session....

or you need some fresh air after been in a loft or face mask on too long! :_|
Easy tiger......none of that please :eek: :O:O:O

get me flask & lunch box out..
Easy tiger......none of that please :eek: :O:O:O
Theres always one tryin to lower the tone of a perfectly sensible discussion... :(

.........or its that a debate? ?:|

spose if there are several inputin to the topic..

it could be a 'mass-debate'.... ; \ :eek:

eh ode up watch it..!! :( uoo no! ]:)

we'll be back onto gettin your lunch box out in a minute!! :eek: ] :)

Welshy!!....

two lots of double strength medication over here please..

one for me & one or Theory....

hes startin to corrupt my innocent mind! :|

Innocent mind? You? Doubtful!

Evenin` all. Just gettin` quietly issified in a corner. I`ve decided it`s the safest place to be at the moment.......

And as for "mass-debating". One of the best inventions ever. In my humble opinion, of course. You can`t beat a good mass-debate.

To get back on topic:

If I`m on a full-day job; the Mrs. KME will have prepared a lunch-in-a-bag by the time I get home the previous day. 1 sarnie, 1 pack crisps, 1 banana, 1 yoghurt, and maybe a choccy biccie if I`se been a good boy!

Generally eaten at 1.00 pm; followed by a cuppa. I suss out the coffee situation when I estimate; and carry the makings accordingly.

Normal lunch stop - 15 mins or so.

Couldnt believe my luck yesterday...

All day job with a mate running new cooker cct around the outside of a terraced house...... 1 o clock the customer says lunch ready...

cold pepsi

noodles with prawns pork etc

deep fried prawns

spring rolls

cake

nice

Couldnt believe my luck yesterday...All day job with a mate running new cooker cct around the outside of a terraced house...... 1 o clock the customer says lunch ready...

cold pepsi

noodles with prawns pork etc

deep fried prawns

spring rolls

cake

nice
That'll be a long run if it's the mid-terraced

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/gazjothomas/greenleaf20street.jpg

:| :eek: :) :D :^O

See you later off to earn some bucks seen as Mrs107 has booked the holls for next year now gotta pay for them.