Mega Rods

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha spark

Reaction score
Any one know where the best place to get a set of these do any of the forum sponsors sell them if so I'd buy off them before looking elsewhere if so how much are ?

It's the blue set I'm after I think there the ones with the most in

Thanks in advance !

Megger Mark, BUT

The blue sets are not compatible with any other in the Super rod range!!!

The Mega set [plus some other bits I have accquired , a few rods, whisk etc] are without doubt THE best cable rods I have ever owned. {aid for themselves on first job. You have no idea how useful a magnet and a bit of chain is, seriously buy a set you know you are worth it!!!!

CPC sell a kit with 10x 1mtr rods for about £10 + VAT.

not as good as the super rods, but at the price, well worth it. snapped a few, but even the super rods would probably have broke under the same circumstances

Had the yellow set previously had about 2 years but are now beginning to splinter and fibre glass in the fingers hurts lol kerching your saying my yellow set won't fit with the blue set ?

Had the yellow set previously had about 2 years but are now beginning to splinter and fibre glass in the fingers hurts lol kerching your saying my yellow set won't fit with the blue set ?
If the yellow rods have a standard super rod 3/16th whitworth thread then NO

It even says on their adverts/website that the blue rods fit nothing else in the super rod range

Many years ago I bought the red super rods and thought they were outstanding if a little expensive at the time, but I was doing a number of rewires and trunking lids had their limitations.

After snapping a few and losing a few in walls, I bought a new set of blue rods from the wholesalers, they were cheap, so cheap that when the ends of these kept pulling off or snapping as they met the rod the wholesaler replaced them without question because basically they only lasted months.

I then bought some off eBay which are yellow and have been ok and lasted fairly well however I still have more of the red ones than any others and I've found the ends do not interchange, I.e. the threads ends don't match different sets.

But buy some, we all carry stuff around in our vans we hardly use but trust me these won't apply to rods.

I prefer the fibreglass stuff on a reel. I brought a couple of sets from the Coventry Elex haven't tried them yet though. They came from Boddingtons whose gear seems pretty good. I have quite a few super rod sets but it always seems quite a bit of work screwing them together that's why I prefer the rods on a reel.

Speak to Megger Mark for a good price i got the mega set from him. It's a great bit of kit saves time had plenty of abuse and still going

Got them other day great bit of kit especially the Chinese finger traps ( I call them anyway ) saves loads of time and tape