Memera 2000 Consumer unit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raks

Reaction score
H there folks needing a 40A breaker(rcbo preferred) for a Memera 2000 CU any ideas on where I can pick these up or know any that fit into the unit thanks!

Yeah thinking of just upgrading the unit but if I could’ve got a breaker for it would’ve been ideal not sure if the new Eaton Memera ones work in the unit

The new Eaton style are not compatible so the second hand market is the most likely place to source one.

Thank you I did t think they would fit tbh only in the new units got 6mm armour out to summer house and can’t even get the power on had a look on eBay but ideally want a new one

Theres a huge estate near me with these - I normally recommend they cost in a replacement rather than dabble with 2nd hand parts - about 90% of customers do what I recommend:)

I don't recommend this to make money, more to protect the clients from future problems and ambulance chasing dodgy sparks in the future

Thank you I did t think they would fit tbh only in the new units got 6mm armour out to summer house and can’t even get the power on had a look on eBay but ideally want a new one

If its armoured why the RCBO?

And fitting 3rd party components is no longer permitted under the 18th

Are you a spark?

Was just for extra protection and are you suggestion a board change here? I am weary on 2nd hand parts myself never been one to go down that route

Was just for extra protection and are you suggestion a board change here? I am weary on 2nd hand parts myself never been one to go down that route

I would certainly be raising this with a client.

A new metal clad CU with all RCBO's and may be a SPD and then you can fix the SWA directly to the CU too.

If its armoured why the RCBO?

And fitting 3rd party components is no longer permitted under the 18th

Are you a spark?
It has never been permitted in accordance with manufacturers guidance.

Yeah I was looking at the make fuse box with all RCBO’S and SPD, will definitely raise this just hope that they don’t think I’m trying to get more money out of them.

Thank was thinking about contacting them if couldn’t get any info though I would throw the question on here first and have a chat about it and has been very helpful.

Yeah I was looking at the make fuse box with all RCBO’S and SPD, will definitely raise this just hope that they don’t think I’m trying to get more money out of them.

I would simply say that the unit was discontinued a long time ago and new spares aren't available, neither are compatible new parts, and upgrades to the lighting circuits will have the same pitfalls.

Let them have the facts and figure then let them have time to consider.

Obviously take into the costs of the MEM upgrades to soften the blow:

https://willrose-electrical.co.uk/p...jVYHTcGZ1DoTwrcj9eOxvW7-ANbdw_4RoCyKAQAvD_BwE

Yeah will do and will have a look at this thanks for the help and info on this guys been great!

I see thanks been having a look at these today and noted the price I can also get a 40A MCB Memshield 2 for about £30 I’m sure I seen earlier still having a browse about and deciding what will be best.

Get a Memshield 2 mcb and get the job done don't worry about the ifs and why nots of other things they are not important to your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.