meter arangements

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karlos

Reaction score
does any body have a document which includes electricity meter arangements i.e size of back board size of cable size of trunking size of isolators and fuses for new instalations

Sinewave may have this sort of thing but he hasn't been around lately. However, might I ask why you need them? The DNO will take care of all that.

Oh....... And welcome to the forum. :D

The DNO will take care of all that.Oh....... And welcome to the forum. :D
Oh no they wont. You (as the customer) has to fit trunking, meter boards etc where needed ie, a block of flats. None of this needed on a single supply.

The mounting heights for their equipment (cutout, meters, time-switches, Ryfield etc is, maximum 1800mm and Minimum 450mm.

The space needed for the metering equipment is 350W, 320H & 300D. Although some paperwork from the old Seeboard area (South London) now allows you to stack the time-switch and meter. You could take a chance on not allowing space for a time-switch (for off peak etc) but you only need a jobsworth ( and EDF around here seem to employ all of them) to not connect. 150mm trunking is asked for if 3 phase ( We recently found out you can not get 27 16mm 6491x in a 100mm trunking (9 flats, live, neutral and earth) If its 3 phase and keymeters are fitted , the head and/or Ryfield have to be separately locked away.

Thanks for all your help and thanks for the welcome,

the details are just what i needed.