Midsomer Mysteries Birmingham

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Returning from a job on Tuesday ...I always park van down our gated Right of Way  .  Stopping to unlock gates I find a mountain bike has been  tucked out of sight by the grey garage doors  you see on photo .   

I'm thinking its a lad's  bike , nicked & stashed away .      Ask a few neighbours but no one knows  .    I agree with one of them to put it in my garage  , advertise it on the local website  & report it to  Police.  WHich I did,. 

Today suddenly remembered  my customer living on the roadside of the gates  has CCTV  so phone him  .    

So its an 18yr old guy ,  leaves it there a couple of times and legs it home  so my customer had approached him & got some strange story of what he,s doing up there .   

Now it's gone , (into my garage )  the guy knocks my mate's  door , scares his missus by trying the door handle ,  so mate has told him to sling his hook .

Says he lives down the road but he doesn't . 

Police are coming yesterday to collect it.  

Image016.jpg

Maybe he’s seen you parking the dekmobile down there on a regular basis and was staking it out for a later hit and now you’ve busted him. 
is the area well lit, cameras etc? If not I’d be inclined to rig something up? You know what 18yr olds get like when you throw a curveball at them. 

how are they going to manage that?
Well they're not coming at all now , community Police phoned this morning  , told them the latest story , kid is on CCTV etc  .   They don't have a vehicle that will take a bike ....can I take it in ....however all the nicks by me are either gone or not open to the public  or turned into mosques, it has to go to Sutton Coldfield. 

Wish I'd never seen it now.