Mince Pies

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't resist them, end of subject............

If I buy a box I have to eat 2 of them, at a time] :)

But every year your favourite changes (different supplier to the supermarket?)

Anyway, this years fave is:....................

Waitrose, standard Mince Pie....

:p :x

If you want proper mince pies you have to buy the fresh made ones from your local cakeshop, though the tesco deep filled ones are quite pallatable too;)

If you want proper mince pies you have to buy the fresh made ones from your local cakeshop, though the tesco deep filled ones are quite pallatable too;)
No one quite makes like mum use to..

:x

No one quite makes like mum use to.. :x
Bit like Welsh cakes no shop purchased ones can touch the ones my mamgu used to make on the flat hot plate.

As for mince pies..............so long as they are covered in double cream I'm not bothered where they come from.....(do like Tesco deep fill ones though)

F*** the lot of you, trades descriptions act and all that,

I want a proper mince pie, these stupid xmas pie things you get are NOT mince pies, dunno what s*** they are, but I hate them.

I want a HOT mince pie(with onions) from the pie shop, not something with cream on it from the fridge........

Mince Pies. I hate them.

And as for mince meat - minced fat, more like! I wanted to buy a "Meat gringer thingy" for Mrs Admin, so that we could do our own and that we'd know what was in it. 100% beef etc, with NO fat - For our spaghetti bolognaise. :p

But She wouldn't let me buy it.

when i was 18 i used to work in a sweet mincemeat factory

i used to eat the cherries by the handful !!!!!!

as for the suet,,,,,it got everywhere

still eat 10 boxes each xmas though:x:x

Does anyone have custard with mince pies?

I like rum sauce on mine.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmGuiness Drink