mmm...... toasted :P

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

Reaction score
busbar2.jpg

This greeted me when I opened the busbar chamber in a primary school just before the half term. Had started the periodic on thursday while school was in use, and then returned on the friday (inset day) when just caretaker was in for some shutdown testing.

Apparently head teacher was complaining to the caretaker about the disruption of the PIR (can't possibly fit every school in on half term), so the caretaker saved the burnt lugs I cut out to show her in order to demonstrate the reasons why PIRs are carried out ... when I returned after the half term for a couple of hours to tidy up a few loose ends she no longer had a problem with the the work I was doing ROTFWL

busbar1.jpg

It's not just me that spends half term doing PIR's in educational establishments then.

All I could find wrong was a broken neutral in a ring final, and a n-e fault in a light fitting.

The school stock up north must be better than it is down here then, lol

Though to be fair, other than the burn out it didn't have too much wrong, there was an unearthed flouresent batten, unearthed metal back box to a light switch where the screws made it an exposed conductive part, a few low IRs, a C16 rcbo to a outside lighting circuit that allthough was mostly in 2.5. was partly in 1.5 and the L-N loop was too high to trip on shorts (and the L-E loop, was predictably relying on the RCD part), broken ring in portacabin classroom, No earth connected to MK grid yoke, failed emergency bulkhead fitting, inadequate socket outlets leading to inappopiate use of a lead through a wall, few hager MCBs poorly fitted into a dorman smith DB. Asbestos flash pads to a couple of switch fuses, Light fititng misisng cover exposing connections, service head had redudant cable entry on top opened up and left without bung, so not ip4x