Lee321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rates direct / direct subbing / agency

exspenses jib non jib etc etc

Lee321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Varies considerably, dependant on so many variables; both geographically, demographically, and nature of work. Would be misleading at best m8.
exactly thats why i'd like to know:D

who gets what where etc

paulh

Reaction score
maybe if you start the ball rolling others might join in

Lee321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe if you start the ball rolling others might join in
birmingham:

agency's pay around 14.5 - 16 i've worked exclusively for 1 agency continously for 5 years,good agency's all require up to date jib cards and ecs,always very local work and usually fair size contracts 3mths+

money guaranteed EVERY week.

not a bad living most earn't in 1 yr 47k

(2003-08) 47 was actually last year.

average is probably 31 ish.

Direct Subbing

working direct subbing i've been getting 15's and 20p/mile plus travel time

but chasing payment is the down side aswell as fear of company going bust.

plus is being own boss again almost when running your own job,more motivation and job satisfaction when doing price work altho that is every now

and again unlike plasterers which is almost exclusively price work which i think would make the industry a better one if it was practised more.

paulh

Reaction score
heres a start

My day rate varys depending on the bargaining expertise of the company I will be working for. For instance my lowest is

Lee321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heres a startMy day rate varys depending on the bargaining expertise of the company I will be working for. For instance my lowest is

MR DIAZ

Electrician
Reaction score
I agree Paul

Some jobs require a day rate

some a hourly rate

and some job quotations

paulh

Reaction score
I only left permanent employment because of a job offer on price work which was hard to turn down. This lasted for a solid 6 months and in that time I managed to find more contacts doing similar work for similar cash. Although I have had a few lean months in the past 3 years(always when you start to relax and think you are in front) mostly I have been well looked afterBlushing. Probably because we always do what it says on the tin on time and we are cheap enough(the last one anyway). I find that most companys don't employ enough bodies anymore so as soon as a big contract comes in they need bodies.

Here endeth the lesson my sonPray