More advise

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazo

Reaction score
Are the super rod cable access kits worth the investment? Or is it just the old saying you get what you pay for.

dazo,

I saved around 2 hours on a job Thursday with one, it also saved my having to work at height!

First time I used it I pulled a 16mm domestic gas bond in of around 15m through the upstairs of a dormer bungalow beneath the dormer floor, took around 30 minutes all told.

So I say yes, get as many of the attachments as you can as many of them have uses!

dazo,

In which case try MeggerMark, a forum member and one of the forum sponsors for a price on a set as he is very generous with discounts to forum members.

Sidewinder that's just where i will be buying them from. If i also mention i'm a forum member there's a discount on an already good price great stuff

Go for the mega rod set. They're pricy but there's very little you can't do with them. I particularly like the chain and magnet accessories, they are great for routing cable behind corner framing. Don't know how anyone can work without them.

Cheers, Chris

I think we did this a few years back and yes they are worth the money. I have a fibreglass one on a reel was about 10 metres long when i brought it but have lost a few bits over the years this seems more useful than the rods think they have stopped making them now which is a shame.

I have a cheap toolbox set that is great most of the time, as they are always there. Spent 40 mins trying to rod up a wall filled with insulation a couple of weeks ago but just couldn't find the target.

Spat my dummy, and went for the propper set and attached the torch fitting. Tried again and the light in the wall showed me the rod end straight away. The walk to the van took longer than feeding the cable.

Torch fitting paid for its self there and then.

Love em

I notice that Denmans have a deal going at the mo - set of rods, cable spooler thingy and a carry case

Again guys check MM, as Denmans are part of Rexel Senate / Newey & Eyre, the competition to our valuable generous forum sponsors organisation!

Anybody tried the niglon cable rescue thingies used mine today as the end fell off a 100mtr reel of 4mm tw/e and it had only just been opened will see if it lasts.

^ batty, new to me please tell!I have a load of reels of cable with missing sides and some are valuable!
basically rigid sides to hold the cable on the reel. seen them advertised somewhere (think there also called reelsaver?), but never used them