Moving a double socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to get an electric heater installed on a wall but the power point will be slap in the way.

I don't want to lose it, and I imagine it will be hard to move it to the right and will probably create a lot of mess.

I have no idea how the wiring works, but would it be possible to move it down so it sits just above the skirting? That way the heater can go above it.

As always, I really appreciate your support 👍🏼

MJ

20210308_085819.jpg

Nothing is impossible, but the ease with which it can be moved depends on many factors.  Is it a solid or stud built wall? Does the wiring come up from below or down from above?  Just ask a local spark who will be doing such things all the time. They can soon answer the above questions and give you a quote.

Mount the heater higher than the socket is the easiest option

what’s the rating of the planned heater?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's for replies gents.

It's a stud wall. No idea on wiring.

I'm thinking of an IP24 digital electric radiator, 1.5-2kw

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn the power off, unscrew the socket, remove the back box then see how much slack there is in the cables, what direction they come from and work out where you can move it to easily.

Turn the power off, unscrew the socket, remove the back box then see how much slack there is in the cables, what direction they come from and work out where you can move it to easily.
Good shout! Thank you