Mr

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Morgan

Reaction score
I am not gas registered but do know better than to fiddle with gas connections etc.  I am electrically competent however.  I have inherited an Ideal Logic 35 combi fitted with the RF thermostat option.  I am a Hive fan, love them or loath them and thought I would convert the boiler to operate from a Hive single channel receiver.  The Boiler has two terminals labelled TIMER/ROOM STAT and were linked with a red loop.  Information on the web said to just replace this link with wires from the Hive receiver pins 1 and 3 to form a switched live to operate the AUX mains supply in the boiler and fire it up.  Needless to say this didn't work, calls to Ideal help desk in Hull were a waste of time, they didn't even know that the round device under the controls was the Ideal receiver and not merely a status indicator, if this is unplugged then the boiler will not operate at all.  Something else has to be changed somewhere to enable the TIMER/ROOMSTAT terminals to operate as a switched live drive by the Hive receiver.  Anyone know how it is done, must be possible because the boiler is available hardwired presumably else why provide the terminals?

Ok, so you are not electrically competent, 

Boiler wiring is easy, 

Is your boiler 230v or ELV switching,? 

Can your hive switch 230v,? Does it have a pair of NO terminals,  or is it just a 230v output,?

The receiver you talk about is not part of the boiler, but part of the hive, so the boiler manufacturer would no nothing about it.

The hive controls go across the stat terminals in the boiler, it really is that simple,  

Have you set the boiler to constant,?