multifunction tester

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazo

Reaction score
As i value the advise from the members and have got some cash burning a hole in my pocket. I really need and want to purchase a multifunction tester. The question is which one to get megger Mark to send me?

Give Megger Mark a call on Monday, he will run through a few questions with you and let you know what is and is not being bought at this moment in time, he will also have all the latest deals so you may get more than you could afford for less money.

Always remember that testers are a very personal choice item of kit.

you are another person that could get unliked very easily too,

I'll bet that will make you sleep uneasy at night!

BTW, there is another 50p on your contract now!

HA, laugh at that!

Your best option would be to try a few out IMHO. Fluke, Megger, Kewtech, and other makes are out there and all have versions that do the same jobs. Which features you'll need can make a difference to the cost. It's a big investment but as said above when it comes to choosing, personal taste will be the decider.

Don't knock the extras that may be on offer through the wholesaler though. If any freebies are included like extra test leads, test adaptors for light fittings and sockets, MCB locks etc then grab as many as possible!

FYI I have a Fluke 1653 which does me alright, but with hindsight I would've chosen a Megger.

or random results?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:51 ----------

ah,

thats it, thats how the drive bys get their certs filled in, use a megger,

the results usually dont have any bearing on the installation anyway! :D

The Megger is so in this season, the colours are rasta crossed Benetton. It really brings out the colour of my eyes and makes my work boots look so funky.

The fluke is so 2011. The little hand bag case is funky but the colour is so look at me.

:D

(i do own a Megger 1730, Mark sorted me right out with the onsite kit. i love it)

:) I can't say what sort of results the Meggers get, only that their layout seems more straightforward to me.

Having said that, I was always a fan of Robin gear, which as far as I know was incorporated into Fluke stuff.

Anyway, with more practice, I'll get happier with the Fluke no doubt.

Nighty night.

I've got a Megger MFT1502, it'll be 8 in September;)

and in all at time it has served me really well, only needing one repair which was carried out under their 3 year warranty.

I have tried a Fluke a year or so ago and really couldn't get to grips with the pushey buttoney menu thingymajig, the Megger is much more straigt forward IMHO